Cardboard Medal for Father’s Day
Every Dad deserves a medal on Father’s Day and this simple cardboard one is quick and easy to make with little ones. The best part is, it’s got a hidden surprise message inside the medal!
To make your cardboard medal for dad you will need
- A4 piece of cardboard
- Ribbon (approx. 1m)
- Star stickers
- Craft glue
- Large and medium sized jar lids
- Gold paint or paint stick
- Small rectangular scrap of yellow felt
- A5 piece of yellow card
- Printed out photo (same size as smaller jar lid)
- Scrap of red card
How to make a medal for Father’s Day (with photo)
- Begin by drawing around your two jam jar lids onto the cardboard and cut them out. Paint both sides of the circles in gold and leave to dry.
- Stick half of the small rectangle of felt on one side of the smaller cardboard circle and the other half of the felt onto the larger circle to create a door effect with the smaller circle.
- Decorate the front of the medal with a number one cut from card and star stickers.
- Draw around your smaller jar lid onto yellow card and write a Father’s Day message on it. Cut this out and stick it on the back of the smaller cardboard circle on the medal. Use the smaller lid to draw around your photo and stick this on the inside of the medal on the other side to the writing.
- To finish, glue your ribbon onto the back.
More Father’s Day ideas by Little Button Diaries!