Today, I share a super quick little Leap Year Activity for preschoolers with you… come and make this fun Leap Year Frog Headband with us! It is a quick and easy printable frog resource, that you can either print in full color, onto colored card or on printer paper for young students to color themselves as well as add some writing or details to their headband. One versatile printable for Leap Day!
Leap Day Frog Crown Printables
To make your Frog Headbands you will need:
- Paper or cardstock of choice (e.g. white for students to add drawings/ wrirings, full color if making this as a quick cutting activity)
- A pair of child friendly scissors
- Stapler/ tape or glue stick for final assembly
- The Printable
I continue to make Red Ted Art Craft Activity as accesible as possible and have provided a free version of this Printable Frog Craft once again. You can get the full color frog as a free printable by enter $0 at check out here. Alternatively, you can get the full set in the Gumroad Store or visit Teacher’s Pay Teacher’s if that works better for you!
Making this easy Frog Paper Crown/ Frog Headband:
Making this Frog Headband is incredibly EASY!
AS you can see from the printable, you have your basic instructions written on the printable too!
1. Print onto coloured or white paper
2. Cut out shapes you want to use
3. Tape or staple paper rectangles to make head band and to fit size of child’s head add
4. Decorate with shapes & pens (the black and white printable has some basic drawing prompts for the four frog life cycles: eggs, tadpole, froglet and frog – that can also be used for a frog study unit)
I hope you enjoyed this simple Leap Year Craft. We have more fantastic Leap Year Activities for the 29th February here: