We have a super fun craft for you today – DIY Stress Balls!!! We have made a variation of this a couple of times already – in the past we filled them with RICE and turned them into Superhero Juggling Balls. Today, we are going to show you how to make stress balls using flour and balloons. What I really like about this balloon craft – is how colourful it is, how fun and of course how easy!! Now it is VERY important that you watch the whole video for instructions.. though this craft is easy.. there is POTENTIAL for mess if you don’t pay attention – you will see why in the video!!!
I also think that these Stress Balls make FABULOUS Father’s Day Gifts or Teach Appreciation Gifts (what teacher doesn’t get stressed now and again, right?!) and they are super thrifty to make. Simply perfect!
I think that these stress balls would also look great with some Emoji features.. just use a set of yellow balloons and add the right details and you have a fabulous Emoji craft!
UPDATE: Please remember that over time the balloons become brittle and WILL break. I found the odd pile of broken Stress Ball balloons and flour in our house recently. Ha. I would say the DIY Stress Balls last well for about 6 months.. and then need to be changed (unless of course you play with them a LOT then they will last 2-3 weeks).
To make your Stress Balls, you will need:
- 1 Balloon
- some flour
- a little wool (for hair – this is optional of course!)
- a marker pen that works on balloons
- an empty plastic bottle
- a little paper or a funnel
How to Make Stress Balls
Remember, if you enjoy our videos, that you can quickly and easily SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel. It is totally free of charge and means that you will never miss out on the latest crafty video!
Now.. on to the craft:
Step by Step Instructions
Make a paper funnel.
Fill your plastic bottle with flour using your funnel! There is no exact amount of how much flour to add, but imagine the size of your stress ball.
If you need to poke the flour through with a pencil or chop stick.
Blow the ballon up a little and [op the balloon around the bottle top. And turn round.
Gently squeeze the bottle – keep clicking it – and the flour will slowly go into the balloon!
And now.. enjoy your Stress Balls How To and see you here again soon!
Hold the balloon tight and GENTLY let the air out.
Once it is all out, tie a knot and decorate!
Stress Ball Craft
- One balloon
- Small plastic bottle
- Paper DIY Funnel
- Pens and wool for decorating
- Using your paper funnel, fill the plastic bottle with flour – not an exact amount, however big you want your stress ball to be!
- Blow up the balloon and pop over the top of the plastic bottle (do not let the air out).
- Turn the balloon and bottle over and shake the flour into the balloon.
- Once all in, carefully remove the balloon (do not let go!) and let the air out SLOWLY. If you do it too quickly the flour will come out.
- Once all the air is out, tie a knot.
Take a peak at our Halloween Stress Balls:
Make some juggling balls filled with rice: