Yes! It is time for yet another lovely 31 Days of Love guest post! Today, we have a great paper bag crafts from the gorgeous Rachel at I Heart Crafty Things. These Paper Bag Puppets are so bright and cheerful and a bound to delight the kids this Valentine’s Day. Such a perfect Valentine’s Day craft for kids! Follow the DAILY 31 Days of Love, or browse by group – Valentine’s Day Decorations, Valentine’s Day Cards, Valentine’s Day Treats and Valentine’s Day Gifts!
Paper Bag Crafts – Valentine’s Day Puppet
A big thank you to Maggy for having me as part of the 31 Days of Love series! My name is Rachel and I blog over at I Heart Crafty Things where I focus on creating fun and simple children’s arts and crafts. I often find my best inspiration from children’s books so I love to create crafts that go along with books. Please stop by and say hello! One thing we love Paper Bag Crafts.
Today I’m very excited to share these paper bag love bug puppets. They are super simple to create and they make a perfect Valentine’s Day craft for kids. My favorite part is how kids can play with their love bug after making it!
Paper Bag Crafts – Love Bug Puppet Supplies:
- Paper lunch bag
- Paint (color of your choice)
- 4 pipe cleaners (we used shimmery ones)
- Heart washi tape
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
- Tacky glue
How to make a Paper Bag Craft – Love Bug Puppet:
- Start by cutting off about 1.5 inches off the top of your paper bag. This makes it a perfect length for kids arms. Turn your bag upside down with the bottom of the paper bag (the flap) at the top. Paint the entire front of your bag with the color paint of your choice and then let it dry completely.
- Cut all of your pipe cleaners in half. Make your heart antennae by folding one of the pipe cleaner halves in half again and twisting the ends together, leaving a loop at the top. Bend the top of the loop down to make a heart shape.
- When your paint is dry, put stripes of your heart washi tape down your paper bag. Then use your washi tape to tape the heart antennae to the back of the paper bag, and the six pipe cleaner legs onto the side flaps of the paper bag. You can bend the legs however you would like.
- Finish your paper bag love bug puppet by gluing on the googly eyes, pom-pom nose and then draw on a mouth with your black marker.
Now your paper bag love bug puppet is all ready for play! Simply put your hand inside the paper bag and have hours of fun pretend play with your cute little love bug. Don’t you just love Paper Bag Crafts?!
Here are more fun kid crafts you might enjoy:
You may also like these TP Roll Love Bugs from last year’s 31 Days of Love: