This post is in partnership with Aamzon Kids.
We have a lovely DIY Pop Up Card for you today. It is all about the new Amazon Original Kids Series, Amazon Kids.
If like us you are a fan of “old classics”, but with a modern twist, I think you will be equally excited about this new original series, now available on Prime Video in the US and UK.
Follow the magical adventures of Dorothy and Toto as they find themselves lost in the spectacular and peculiar land of Oz. They will be joined by new friends and will face unexpected enemies in this fun, exciting and modern take on a beloved classic.
The brand-new series expands on the multiple Emmy-winning special and stars the voice talent of Ashley Boettcher, Gina Gershon, Allison Mack, Jorge Diaz and Nika Futterman.
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers families the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it.
My instantly fell in love with the “new” Dorothy and of course the lovable Toto, but we also enjoyed the “new” tech savvy (but still scared) Lion and loveable scarecrow.
More about Lost in Oz:
In Lost in Oz, 12-year-old Dorothy Gale discovers her mother’s magical travel journal hidden beneath the floorboards of their Kansas home. The book triggers a tornado, which rips her house from its foundation and transports Dorothy and her dog, Toto, to Emerald City, a bustling, modern, metropolis. In order to get home, Dorothy learns she must acquire every element on Oz’s “periodic table of magic” – while the city faces the worst magic drought in eons! Along the way, Dorothy and Toto meet unlikely allies in West, Ojo, Reigh the Lion, Scarecrow, and Glinda the Good, who are each eager to help, but struggling with their own problems. Together, they navigate the magical landscape of Oz while undergoing their own unique journeys of self-discovery.
You can also watch the trailer here –
To celebrate we have teamed up with Amazon Kids to create a fun set of Pop Up Greeting Cards – the best bit – you can customise the cards to incorporate your favourite characters.
… and it is so easy to stream Prime Video to your TV!! Or to watch the episodes via the Amazon Video app on the go.
How To Make A Lost in Oz Pop Up Card
To make a DIY POP Up Card with the Lost in Oz Characters you will need –
- An A6 Card (or fold some A5 Card in half)
- Some contrasting paper for the background (you can use white if you wish and draw a scene into the background)
- Your Lost in Oz Printable
- Glue stick, scissors and pencil
How to Make a Pop Up Cards with Kids
- First print out and cut out your Lost in Oz characters, here we chose the Toto Happy Birthday Card.
- Place your A6 Card on top of your contrasting background. Overlap by approximately one and trace. This will give you a nice background that fits snuggly into your card creating a nice board too.
- Fold the contrasting paper in half.
- Position your characters – we wanted Toto to be to the left of the card, so you have lots of space for the Happy Birthday and a personalised message.
- When you have your position, draw two lines from the centre fold to your Lost in Oz character.
- Cut and fold.
- Here is the clever bit – now pull the folded piece of paper through to the INSIDE of your folded paper. This creates your pop up.
- Using your glue stick, add glue to the back of your contrasting paper but NOT the pop up bit and stick down.
- Now it is time your glue on your characters and messages.
- Your easy Pop Up Lost in Oz card is now finished.. isn’t it cute?
I do hope you enjoy this new series as much as we are… and that you have a go at making these fabulous and easy Pop Up Cards!
As big fans of Amazon Prime, we are excited about that this new original series isnow available on AmazonKids!
Lost In Oz is available to stream exclusively for Prime members via the Amazon Prime Video app for TVs; connected devices, including Fire TV and mobile devices; and online. Prime members can also download the series to mobile devices. Customers who are not already a Prime member can sign up for a free trial at www.amazon.com/prime.
Browse other Amazon Original Kids Series at www.amazon.com/kidsoriginals. Start watching and ENJOY!