Finger Knitted Minion
We love to finger knit! And try and bring you finger knitting patterns as regularly as possible (because who wants to “only” knit loooong finger knitted sausages, right?). And most of the kids I know, like the “no sew” finger knitting projects best! We recently shared some fabulous no sew finger knitted beanie hats with you (a fabulous guest post) and before that we had some adorable Finger Knitted Owl Ornaments/ Key rings. When I was playing with the finger knitted owl pattern and trying out different colours for it, I suddenly realised that it makes a fantastic finger knitted minion too!!! Woohoo. So come on.. let’s find out more!
(Oh and big paper craft fans here.. we also have a fantastic set of 37+ Minion Paper Crafts for you! You are welcome).
Finger Knitted Minion DIY – materials:
- Yellow and blue wool. The wool I was using was quite thin, so I decided to tripple it!
- A little black felt
- Googly eye(s)
- Glue for adding the Minion’s eyes
Finger Knitted Minion DIY – How To:
As with our Origami Crafts, I do think Finger Knitting benefits from a how to video. It really is the quickest and easiest way to explain how to finger knit and create new finger knitting projects. I have however also included some written instructions below, which I hope you will find useful!
- You will need to double or tripple (we tripled it) up your yellow yarn and knit with three strands of finger knitting. Use approximately 1m.
- You will need to finger knit 3 rows of yellow yarn (the three rows include the casting on – so cast on, knit your first row and then an additional 2 rows).
- Now switch to using the blue yarn. Simply knot it to the yellow thread and start finger knitting.
- Continue to finger knit another 3 rows and cast off.
- Knot off any of the pieces of yarn at the back. Weave into your finger knitting and trim. I keep the LONG PIECE of yellow yarn coming out the minion’s head intact for hanging.
- Your basic yarn minion is now complete. For the TALL minion, add a row of yellow and bluw.
- Cut out your felt shapes – black strip is enough, but you can also add a grey felt circle.
- Glue on your minion’s goggles.
- Now simply hang your little finger knitted minion or knot it onto a key chain.
What do you think? Don’t you think these little Yarn Minions are just the cutest?
They would look great as Minion Key chains, back pack charms or even Minion Christmas Tree Ornaments!!
If you love to Finger Knit, here are some more AMAZING Finger Knitting Projects, including the Beanie Hat, gorgeous Finger Knitted Bunny and Finger knitted heart ornaments!
We also LOVE LOVE LOVE all things Minion and have lots of Minion Crafts for you – especially these fantastic Minion Paper Crafts –