This craft is brought to you in paid partnership with Warner Bros.
The Easter holidays are upon us and we have a fabulous and free printable for you to keep the kids busy! Lots of wonderful colouring, assembling and above all playing with our free Mouse House craft. Today’s printable is brought to you in collaboration with Warner Bros. We do love to get crafty after being inspired by a good movie!!
About the Tom & Jerry The Movie:
One of the most beloved rivalries in history is reignited when Jerry moves into New York City’s finest hotel on the eve of “the wedding of the century,” forcing the event’s desperate planner to hire Tom to get rid of him, in director Tim Story’s “Tom & Jerry The Movie.” The ensuing cat and mouse battle threatens to destroy her career, the wedding and possibly the hotel itself. But soon, an even bigger problem arises: a diabolically ambitious staffer conspiring against all three of them. An eye-popping blend of classic animation and live action, Tom and Jerry’s new big-screen adventure stakes new ground for the iconic characters and forces them to do the unthinkable… work together to save the day.
Tom & Jerry The Movie is available to rent at home now!
Mouse House Paper Craft
If you LOVE Jerry’s AWESOME Mouse House, we have just the craft for you! Have a go at our Printable Mouse House and then take advantage of all the fabulous accessories to personalise your house. Or maybe even create some of your own?
For the Mouse House you will need:
- The Mouse House Printable available for download here,
- Paper (for the House & Furniture templates 180gsm/cardstock is best)
- Sticker Paper or paper for Accessories (120gsm works great)
- Coloring Pens, watercolours for colouring the templates,
- Glue to stick together the house and add accessories
How to make a Jerry Inspired Mouse House
Jerry’s house really is quite spectacular. Let’s make one of our own.
Main House structure:
- Colour in all 5 main parts of the house: Outside and inside (Entry Hall & Bathroom, Living Room, Kitchen & Bedroom)
- Now, we will glue the ‘Outside’ and ‘Entry Hall & Bathroom’ together. So add glue to the whole of the back of the ‘Outside’ printable and then stick the ‘Entry Hall & Bathroom’ on top. You will have a double sided paper. On one side the outside and if you turn the paper you will see the entry hall and family bathroom.
- Carefully cut with scissors the door open. Make sure not to cut out the whole door but leave about 5cm attached where the hinges are.
- Have the ‘Entry Hall & Bathroom’ printable face you. We will now add the ‘Living Room’ to the right side of the ‘Entry Hall & Bathroom’ part. Add glue to the flap on the Entry Hall & Bathroom’ printable and stick the Living Room facing you on top of the flap aligning both rooms.
- We will proceed by glueing the ‘Kitchen’ to the other side of the ‘Living Room’ and then the ‘Bedroom’ to the ‘Kitchen’.
Before we close up the house by glueing ‘Bedroom’ and ‘Entry Hall & Bathroom’ together, we will add accessories.
- Colour in all the accessories that you would like to add to your Mouse Home. You can use all stickers everywhere in the house. I made a suggestion though where some items will fit best. But hey, don’t mind me! This is your Mouse House! You might want to draw a couple of other things that your Mouse Family really really needs! Go for it!
- Then cut out your stickers and either stick your accessories to the house if you have printed on Sticker Paper or add glue first and then stick to where you want things to go.
Finishing off the Jerry’s inspired House:
We still need to close up the Mouse House so that it can stand nicely.
- Find the flap that is left. It is on the left hand side of the ‘Entry Hall & Bathroom’ printable. Add glue to the flap and stick it together with the right side of the ‘Bedroom’. Now you can stand up the Mouse House and the walls stand up straight.
You may now want a table, bed and chair?! Here is how to make them.
- Colour in all furniture parts.
- Then cut out chair, bed & bed cover and coffee table along the lines.
- Bed & Coffee Table: Fold all dotted lines and then add glue to the provided flaps and glue bed and coffee table shut. They now look like a box with two sides open.
- Bed Cover: Simply fold both dotted lines and place it over bed.
- Chair: The trickiest of all! You need to glue the front and back of the back rest together. Then add glue to the flap and stick the end of the chair to it as shown in the picture.
Time to PLAY!!!
Maybe you have been inspired by Tom & Jerry and you can come up with some similar antics between some of your toys to add to the house? What mischief will your mice get up to?
Have a great Easter Break.. and don’t forget to watch Tom & Jerry The Movie!