Time for a super fun Handmade Valentine’s Day Card. Learn how to make a DIY Scatch Valentines Card for Kids – and reveal that secret message ONLY to your Valentines. A fun card for tweens and teens to have a go at.
Hello, I’m Emma from My Little 3 and Me. I’m a Mummy to 3, a teacher and early years trainer passionate about using crafts and creativity to inspire and promote learning, communication, play and FUN across the age ranges. I am hugely excited to be here participating on Red Ted Art’s 31 Days of Love series and I send out enormous thanks to Maggy for having us here.
Valentine’s Day is such a fun day to celebrate family love with the kiddies. I adore making little “I love you” treats for them, like little iced cake surprises or lunchbox notes and the children love to make special surprises for me, their Grandparents and their school friends too.
Today we’re sharing our Valentine Scratch Off Cards which are great fun and super for all ages to join in with.
How To Make DIY Scratch Valentine Cards for Kids: Scratch Off Cards
You Will Need:
- 2 sheets of A4 card any colour you fancy.
- Felt tip pen
- Wax crayons
How to make a DIY Scratch Card for Valentine’s!
- Fold one piece of card in half to make your open and shut card.
- Cut out a large heart from your second piece of card to fit on the front.
- Write or draw your secret message onto your heart using felt tip pen.
- Cover over your message with a layer of wax crayon. (Using the wax crayons on their side works well. You might want to put some scrap paper underneath so you don’t get crayon overlapping onto your table top.)
- Continue adding layers of wax crayon until your secret message is completely hidden. We found using different coloured crayons for each layer gave the best coverage and most messages are covered easily with just three layers.
- Glue your wax covered heart onto the front of the folded card and write a message telling the lucky recipient to scratch off to reveal the surprise. For a bit of added fun you could even stick on a coin ready for scratching with.
- Don’t forget to personalise your card on the inside too!
Here’s a few more of our other favourite Valentine’s Day crafts you might enjoy.
- Jewelled Heart Sun Catchers (Up-cycled milk jug craft.)
- Scented Valentine Play Dough
- Valentine Sweets
See more great Handmade Valentines Cards for Kids here:
More great Valentine’s Day Ideas for Kids: