Beautiful and easy Yarn Wrapped Heart Bookmarks. The perfect little Valentine’s Day Gift for Kids to make – we adore Valentine’s Day Bookmarks! Love the fine motor skills required to make these and the results are just gorgeous. Another wonderful 31 Days of Love guest post by Kim from The Best Ideas for Kids. We adore easy heart crafts for kids. They make wonderful Mother’s Day Crafts, as well as Kids Valentine’s Day Crafts. Over to Kim!!!
Yarn Wrapped Heart Bookmarks
Greetings everyone! It’s Kim from The Best Ideas for Kids and I’m excited to be sharing with you today these beautiful yarn-wrapped heart bookmarks. You won’t believe how easy these are to make. Kids will love helping or creating these on their own! And the best part is that you can gift these as Valentines too!
Here are the supplies you’ll need:
- Yarn in your preferred colors – we used red, purple and pink
- Large colored craft sticks
- Hot glue
- White paint (optional)
Directions to Make Yarn Heart Bookmarks
- First trace a heart and cut out from cardboard. You can find heart templates online or you can draw one yourself.
- You can paint the cardboard white if you do not want to wrap them completely and have some cardboard show through. Or you can leave them plain.
- Start wrapping by first taping or gluing the beginning of your string to the back of the heart. Then start wrapping one way first. Once you’ve wrapped and covered most of your heart vertically, you can then switch to wrapping horizontally. Feel free to switch directions too.
- Continue to wrap around your cardboard heart until you are satisfied with how your heart looks. Then glue your final string piece to the back, ideally in the middle where your craft stick will go so it will be hidden.
Here are our final hearts:
Now hot glue (adults recommended) your craft stick to make your bookmark and you are done! Don’t they look so pretty?
The Best Ideas for Kids has lots of easy and fun kids crafts and activities. Here are 3 of our most popular posts we’d love for you to check out!
More fabulous Valentine’s Day Bookmarks (we have an amazing set for you to browse) here:
More easy Kids’ Valentines Day Crafts here:
And your 101 Heart Crafts guide here: