Hurray! Guest Post day is here!! Today’s “How to” is brought to you by the lovely Nicole over at “Made by Nicole” – as you know – I love paper craft and I love using recycled materials. Finally, a use for all those “junk mail” newspapers and magazines that come through the door… So…ed Ted
How to make Paper Flowers:
These also look great on wrapped presents in lieu of a bow. When we were kids we’d make dozens from newspaper and attach them to our barrettes, headbands, make costumes with them – they’re so fun.
This is so easy it feels almost silly to make a tutorial on it but just in case you aren’t familiar with the technique, here goes:
1. Get ten pieces of thin (not card stock) two sided paper – anything from newspaper to fancy patterned paper works. I used book pages
2. Stack them up and cut out a circle.
3. Cut spokes into the paper. I made this pic big so you can see what I mean.
4. When you’re done it should look like this
5. Separate you circles. This step is vital as it won’t fluff if they’re stuck together
6. Re-stack pile
7. Staple through the center of the stack
When you’re done it should look like this:
8. Don’t panic. I want you take your nice little stack and crumple it in your fist. Trust me, it’ll be okay.
9. Now do it again a few times
10. Voila! You did it! Told you it was easy!
11. But we’re not done yet. Find the back of the staple. You might lose some petals doing this – no biggie.
12. Press the back of the staple side down against your table to make a flat bottom
Sprayed With Glimmer Mist:
Sprayed from mister with water and dye re-inker and added a button:
Tip: These are VERY dimensional. If you want something flatter use less paper.
Here is my first ever attempt using 10 random pages from a freebie magazine – I was lazy and didn’t use a button, just a scrap of paper for the centre. I think the button is MUCH prettier. I just wanted to have a “quick” go and am pretty impressed with the result. Put a little more effort in and they are even prettie!!
My 1st Ever Flower from a Magazine - 5min to make!
‘Tis that time again, when the #GetYourCraftOn Challenge comes to Red Ted Art! This month, we are looking at STARS. All sorts of star crafts – be it Stars for Christmas or Stars for Mid Summer. Are you a space craft fan and want to explore the universe through stars? Well… now is your chance, […]
We love the simple crafts too. As you know, we made a Loo Roll Angel earlier in the week – that was a “bigger undertaking”, but we also like keeping it simple at this time of year – that is where this Paper Angel Printable and our Christmas Photo Booth printables come in handy! Paper […]
I asked my Facebook reader’s what their favourite Christmas books EVER where – I can’t resist a good Christmas Story and I was looking for some new reads with the kids this Advent season. My Facebook readers then asked if I could pull the list together here for them. So I have. I apologise if […]
We first made these Leaf Lanterns about three years ago at German Toddler Group – one of the other carers with tons of group crafting experience showed us how to make them. And I totally fell in love! Especially as they were SO easy to make and even the little ones could enjoy joining in. […]