Hurray! Guest Post day is here!! Today’s “How to” is brought to you by the lovely Nicole over at “Made by Nicole” – as you know – I love paper craft and I love using recycled materials. Finally, a use for all those “junk mail” newspapers and magazines that come through the door… So…ed Ted
How to make Paper Flowers:
These also look great on wrapped presents in lieu of a bow. When we were kids we’d make dozens from newspaper and attach them to our barrettes, headbands, make costumes with them – they’re so fun.
This is so easy it feels almost silly to make a tutorial on it but just in case you aren’t familiar with the technique, here goes:
1. Get ten pieces of thin (not card stock) two sided paper – anything from newspaper to fancy patterned paper works. I used book pages
2. Stack them up and cut out a circle.
3. Cut spokes into the paper. I made this pic big so you can see what I mean.
4. When you’re done it should look like this
5. Separate you circles. This step is vital as it won’t fluff if they’re stuck together
6. Re-stack pile
7. Staple through the center of the stack
When you’re done it should look like this:
8. Don’t panic. I want you take your nice little stack and crumple it in your fist. Trust me, it’ll be okay.
9. Now do it again a few times
10. Voila! You did it! Told you it was easy!
11. But we’re not done yet. Find the back of the staple. You might lose some petals doing this – no biggie.
12. Press the back of the staple side down against your table to make a flat bottom
Sprayed With Glimmer Mist:
Sprayed from mister with water and dye re-inker and added a button:
Tip: These are VERY dimensional. If you want something flatter use less paper.
Here is my first ever attempt using 10 random pages from a freebie magazine – I was lazy and didn’t use a button, just a scrap of paper for the centre. I think the button is MUCH prettier. I just wanted to have a “quick” go and am pretty impressed with the result. Put a little more effort in and they are even prettie!!
My 1st Ever Flower from a Magazine - 5min to make!
Welcome! Today we kick off a very special two weeks of crafty fun for you, our Kids Crafts 101. I got together with a total of 14 WONDERFUL Crafty Bloggers from around the world, to bring you daily crafty inspiration – the brief for our ideas was simple: make it fun, make it for kids […]
Here is a post that I have been meaning to share for AAAAGES, part of the recent “Gifts That Kids Can Make” series of ideas: Crayon Rocks. These make excellent paper weights and are a lovely gift to any family friend of relative. As you can see we have made several. Not only do they […]
Welcome to the “Gift Ideas for Him” craft round up! There are so many crafts and tutorials out there to delight children, girlfriends, mother’s and sisters and yet, it is always hard to find really good craft ideas for him – either the man in your life or your father or a brother! So I […]
Today I have a fabulous fun little Mini Robot craft for you! It is absolutely riveting and both my little ones love the final result, as well as the tweens next door. I think this really is something for all age groups! A few weeks ago, Em from Unruly Media invited me to one of their events […]