Hurray! Guest Post day is here!! Today’s “How to” is brought to you by the lovely Nicole over at “Made by Nicole” – as you know – I love paper craft and I love using recycled materials. Finally, a use for all those “junk mail” newspapers and magazines that come through the door… So…ed Ted
How to make Paper Flowers:
These also look great on wrapped presents in lieu of a bow. When we were kids we’d make dozens from newspaper and attach them to our barrettes, headbands, make costumes with them – they’re so fun.
This is so easy it feels almost silly to make a tutorial on it but just in case you aren’t familiar with the technique, here goes:
1. Get ten pieces of thin (not card stock) two sided paper – anything from newspaper to fancy patterned paper works. I used book pages
2. Stack them up and cut out a circle.
3. Cut spokes into the paper. I made this pic big so you can see what I mean.
4. When you’re done it should look like this
5. Separate you circles. This step is vital as it won’t fluff if they’re stuck together
6. Re-stack pile
7. Staple through the center of the stack
When you’re done it should look like this:
8. Don’t panic. I want you take your nice little stack and crumple it in your fist. Trust me, it’ll be okay.
9. Now do it again a few times
10. Voila! You did it! Told you it was easy!
11. But we’re not done yet. Find the back of the staple. You might lose some petals doing this – no biggie.
12. Press the back of the staple side down against your table to make a flat bottom
Sprayed With Glimmer Mist:
Sprayed from mister with water and dye re-inker and added a button:
Tip: These are VERY dimensional. If you want something flatter use less paper.
Here is my first ever attempt using 10 random pages from a freebie magazine – I was lazy and didn’t use a button, just a scrap of paper for the centre. I think the button is MUCH prettier. I just wanted to have a “quick” go and am pretty impressed with the result. Put a little more effort in and they are even prettie!!
My 1st Ever Flower from a Magazine - 5min to make!
Get yours TODAY and start planning the best Summer ever! All yours for only $9.99* or click here *an EU VAT Sale Tax applies for those purchasing WITHIN the European Union Woohoo!!! Camp Mom! Is Back!!! Camp Mom! is a Summer Activities ebook, designed to help you make the most of the Summer with the […]
Garden Crafts Challenge: Highlights! This post has now been updated. A little while ago, we challenged you to create some wonderful Garden Crafts. You came. You saw the Garden Craft challenge. You got crafty!! And I love all the garden craft ideas you came up with. As part of the challenge, over 65 Garden Craft […]
I see seashells by the sea… or doesn’t the rhyme go something like that? I forget.. but what I DO know, is that my kids LOVE collecting shells – all the time. They are irresistible, so I thought it would be nice for us to have a Shell Craft Ideas hangout for you and create […]
Our “video” series continues – today crafty bloggers share their favourite Boat Craft Ideas with you. Boats are a wonderfully fun activity for kids to take part in. Design them. Make them. Then see how well they float! To me, making boats are all about “childhood memories”. I hope my kids look back one day, […]