Hurray! Guest Post day is here!! Today’s “How to” is brought to you by the lovely Nicole over at “Made by Nicole” – as you know – I love paper craft and I love using recycled materials. Finally, a use for all those “junk mail” newspapers and magazines that come through the door… So…ed Ted
How to make Paper Flowers:
These also look great on wrapped presents in lieu of a bow. When we were kids we’d make dozens from newspaper and attach them to our barrettes, headbands, make costumes with them – they’re so fun.
This is so easy it feels almost silly to make a tutorial on it but just in case you aren’t familiar with the technique, here goes:
1. Get ten pieces of thin (not card stock) two sided paper – anything from newspaper to fancy patterned paper works. I used book pages
2. Stack them up and cut out a circle.
3. Cut spokes into the paper. I made this pic big so you can see what I mean.
4. When you’re done it should look like this
5. Separate you circles. This step is vital as it won’t fluff if they’re stuck together
6. Re-stack pile
7. Staple through the center of the stack
When you’re done it should look like this:
8. Don’t panic. I want you take your nice little stack and crumple it in your fist. Trust me, it’ll be okay.
9. Now do it again a few times
10. Voila! You did it! Told you it was easy!
11. But we’re not done yet. Find the back of the staple. You might lose some petals doing this – no biggie.
12. Press the back of the staple side down against your table to make a flat bottom
Sprayed With Glimmer Mist:
Sprayed from mister with water and dye re-inker and added a button:
Tip: These are VERY dimensional. If you want something flatter use less paper.
Here is my first ever attempt using 10 random pages from a freebie magazine – I was lazy and didn’t use a button, just a scrap of paper for the centre. I think the button is MUCH prettier. I just wanted to have a “quick” go and am pretty impressed with the result. Put a little more effort in and they are even prettie!!
My 1st Ever Flower from a Magazine – 5min to make!
This is a post for those days that catch you unprepared – SNOW DAYS! Be sure to pin it for that cold cold day.. and also stock up on a item or two be ready for the great snow day (in particularly hot chocolate and marshmallows!!). So, the cold weather has finally hit us.. The […]
Snowflake. Snowflake. Little Snowflake. Little Snowflake. Falling-from-the-sky…… Snowflake. Snowflake.. aaaah. How my kids are desperate for it to snow this coming Winter. Last year, we didn’t see a single snowflake. So, we decided that we had to create our own little snowflake scene indoors. Maybe this year, the weather will allow the kids to have […]
Well.. I do apologise in advance, you may be seeing a number of pom pom crafts coming from Red Ted Art HQ… after I bought the biggest stash of wool EVER, the kids and I can’t get enough of creating and inventing new pom poms! How sick we were of the bright red and green […]
It is VALENTINE’S DAY a go go here on Red Ted Art. We have kicked off a 31 Days of Love series and have already had 28 Bloggers share their Valentines Crafts with us – check out all the wonderful and ecclectic Valentine’s Cards, Valentines Gifts and Valentines Treats!! But I digress, today is all about our Valentine’s Day […]