Hurray! Guest Post day is here!! Today’s “How to” is brought to you by the lovely Nicole over at “Made by Nicole” – as you know – I love paper craft and I love using recycled materials. Finally, a use for all those “junk mail” newspapers and magazines that come through the door… So…ed Ted
How to make Paper Flowers:
These also look great on wrapped presents in lieu of a bow. When we were kids we’d make dozens from newspaper and attach them to our barrettes, headbands, make costumes with them – they’re so fun.
This is so easy it feels almost silly to make a tutorial on it but just in case you aren’t familiar with the technique, here goes:
1. Get ten pieces of thin (not card stock) two sided paper – anything from newspaper to fancy patterned paper works. I used book pages
2. Stack them up and cut out a circle.
3. Cut spokes into the paper. I made this pic big so you can see what I mean.
4. When you’re done it should look like this
5. Separate you circles. This step is vital as it won’t fluff if they’re stuck together
6. Re-stack pile
7. Staple through the center of the stack
When you’re done it should look like this:
8. Don’t panic. I want you take your nice little stack and crumple it in your fist. Trust me, it’ll be okay.
9. Now do it again a few times
10. Voila! You did it! Told you it was easy!
11. But we’re not done yet. Find the back of the staple. You might lose some petals doing this – no biggie.
12. Press the back of the staple side down against your table to make a flat bottom
Sprayed With Glimmer Mist:
Sprayed from mister with water and dye re-inker and added a button:
Tip: These are VERY dimensional. If you want something flatter use less paper.
Here is my first ever attempt using 10 random pages from a freebie magazine – I was lazy and didn’t use a button, just a scrap of paper for the centre. I think the button is MUCH prettier. I just wanted to have a “quick” go and am pretty impressed with the result. Put a little more effort in and they are even prettie!!
My 1st Ever Flower from a Magazine - 5min to make!
Oooh we do adore BATS!! I know some like to refer to them as rats with wings, but I think that that is rather unkind. I think bats are rather adorable. I don’t know what it is about them, but there you go… I am a bat lover! And as a bat lover, I am […]
We have been meaning to make this Minion Craft for AAAAAGES. We have been collecting Kindersurprise Egg capsules for weeks now, and making sure that we are stocked up on Googley eyes, which are just perfect for any Minion Craft. With the Easter holidays upon us, we finally have enough time to get on with […]
We first made these Leaf Lanterns about three years ago at German Toddler Group – one of the other carers with tons of group crafting experience showed us how to make them. And I totally fell in love! Especially as they were SO easy to make and even the little ones could enjoy joining in. […]
Autumn is a BEAUTIFUL time of year for crafting with nature. There are so many Nature Crafts out there to be inspired by and it is a wonderful time of year to get the kids involved in collecting and making. Using nature to craft with is wonderful on so many ways – the kids get […]