How To... Make an Amigurumi (Crochet Animal Friends) Guest Post - Red Ted Art's Blog

How To… Make an Amigurumi (Crochet Animal Friends) Guest Post

| August 27, 2010 | 40 Comments

I am VERY excited to bring you Clara from amieggs and her most adorable Amigurumi or Crocheted Small Things. She makes wonderful creations, that are normally available for purchase. But she has decided to be VERY generous and share two of her patterns with you. Below you will find the most adorable teddy and then hop over to her blog for a bunny (get it – “hop over”? ahem). She has inspired me to learn to crochet. I have never been interested before.. but now, my crochet hooks are on order! Woohoo. Over to the lovely Clara and her fabulous creations:

Hello! My name is Clara and I run the amieggs blog over at http://ami-eggs.blogspot.com/ =)

I love crocheting, and dedicate my blog to all my creations. The name of the blog, amieggs, comes from the name I’ve given my own little creatures:
Amieggs are little crochet eggs dressed up as a bunch of things… from animals to food! Here are some of my favorites:
The fox, the penguin, the elephant and the corn on the cob!
I also enjoy crocheting furniture. My first project was this tiny living room:
And I further on moved to slightly bigger furniture like the following armchair, in a 1:6 scale to fit my Blythe doll =)
I sell my patterns and eggs in my etsy shop, you can visit it here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/nayami
Today, I would like to share a free pattern with you all!!! It is part of the newest patern in my shop, the toy chest!

As you can see, in my patterns I draw diagrams to explain the difficult parts of a project and include many pictures to make your work as easy as possible!!!

While the toy chest pattern is available in my shop, you can get the teddy bear pattern here totally for free and the bunnies pattern on my blog! Hope you enjoy it, and I love to see all your finished creations!!! Feel free to leave a comment on my blog (http://ami-eggs.blogspot.com/) or even share your pictures with me on flickr!!! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/clara_amigurumi/)
Teddy bear
You will need:
Tan cotton yarn
A number 5 crochet hook
A yarn needle
Head:
1 – make a ring with 6 stitches
2  – inc each stitch (total 12 stitches)
3 – sc 1, inc 1: repeat 6 times (total 18 stitches)
4 – sc 3, inc 1, sc 2: repeat 3 times (total 21 stitches)
5 – sc 1, inc 1, sc 5: repeat 3 times (total 24 stitches)
6 through 9 – sc 1 on each stitch (total 24 stitches)
10 – sc 1, dec 1, sc 5: repeat 3 times (total 21 stitches)
11 – sc 3, dec 1, sc 2: repeat 3 times (total 18 stitches)
12 – sc 1, dec 1: repeat 6 times (total 12 stitches)
13 – dec 6 (total 6 stitches)
Stuff and bind off
Body:
1 – make a ring with 6 stitches
2 – inc each stitch (total 12 stitches)
3 through 5 – sc 1 on each stitch (total 12 stitches)
6 – sc 2, dec 1: repeat 3 times (total 9 stitches)
7 through 8 . sc 1 on each stitch (total 9 stitches)
Bind off leaving long tail for sewing, stuff and sew to head.
Nose:
1 – ch 2
2 – ch 1 to turn, sc 1 on each stitch and one on the ends (total 6 stitches, see diagram)
3 – sc 6
Bind off leaving a long tail for sewing. Embroider nose, stuff and sew to the head.
Arms:
1 – Make a ring with 4 stitches
2 – sc 1, increase 1: repeat 2 times (total 6 stitches)
3 through 6 – sc 6
Bind off leaving long tail for sewing, stuff and sew to body.
Legs:
1 – Make a ring with 4 stitches
2 – sc 1, increase 1: repeat 2 times (total 6 stitches)
3 through 7 – sc 6
Bind off leaving long tail for sewing, stuff and sew to body.
Ears:
1 – ch 1
2 – ch 1 to turn, sc 3 stitches in 1 stitch.
3 – ch 1 to turn, increase 3 (sc 2 on each stitch)
4 – ch 1 to turn, sc 6
Bind off leaving long tail and sew onto head.
Finally, attach a brown ribbon around the teddy bear’s neck and cut the edges into a V shape.
Clara @ amieggs
I can’t wait for my crochet hooks to arrive… and to get learning!

For a full list of Tutorials/ How tos visit here.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: Crochet, How To's

1. Hootin' Anni says:

Adorable. I love to crochet…I’m in the middle of making an afghan right now…

My link for you… WIZARD OF OZ
    Do come by to say hello if you have time!

2. Michelle says:

Totally adorable–each and every one.

3. you’ve got a typo in the post title ;)

Love the crochet furniture, that’s absolutely fabulous.

4. Van says:

So damn cute! Thanks for sharing!

5. JAQS says:

Those are soo adorable! I especially like the furniture!

6. Lina says:

Wonderful creations! What a great blog entry!!!

7. Leah says:

Reminds me of a gift I received when I was a little girl!

8. Nikki says:

Soooooooooooo cute! Thanks for linking to gettin’ crafty on hump day! :)

9. great tutorial.

come link it up with us, so our readers can find you and your projects too:

every wednesday a new craft tutorial linking party, that stays open all week.

10. ooops…. i just realized that you already did!
    great.

11. Hi,

I found your link from SewChicUnique Link party, love your teddy, I whish I had the patience and skill to make one of these…

Claire @ madefor3

Hello Claire! Thanks for stopping by! Lovely to “meet” you people! Yes, I still have to learn to crochet and then I WILL be making one of these!

12. Oh my goodness, can’t believe I missed these! I have been wanting to get into this for ages, and here is the perfect opportunity. Thanks! They are sooo cute :)

13. These are so cute shame i dont know how to crochet! maybe its time i learned :)

Thanks for linking up to Sew Crafty Saturday :)

14. Audra says:

How I wish I could do this. They’re too cute.

15. Shelia says:

These are so darling!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

16. Annie says:

Gorgeous ! I would love to learn to crochet – I can knit so it can;t be too hard – can it ?!

17. ChiWei says:

I love those little eggies! What a great gift for a little one, to make a dozen and present in an egg carton :-)

18. shelli says:

I\’ve been crocheting a loooooooong time and have never seen anything this adorable or creative. I\’m blown away. Great work!!!

19. gizmo says:

New to Pinterest and just saw you adorable bunnies, etc. I\’m new to crocheting too but I won\’t go into that :D I thought I had all the patterns but am just noticing I didn\’t get the toy chest. I can\’t seem to find the free pattern now – did you move it??? ALSO – very interested in purchasing patterns for the Christmas eggs I saw so I can get started early! Are those patterns available somewhere??? Do you have some sort of sleigh yet??? Thanks so much – I love your work!!!

Hi Gizmo – the Teddy and Bunny where free patterns from our lovely Guest Poster.. which does mean that the chest is one you have to buy – Sorry :-(

20. gizmo says:

Oh – OK. What about the Christmas egg patterns – are they available yet??? Christmas sleigh or a \”present\” box pattern (something to hold the eggs)???

21. Rhelena says:

Hi,

I am the owner of crochetpatternbonanza(.)com, a free crochet pattern directory. Just wanted to let you know that I’m updating my website and wanted to make sure that I have your permission to use your images for linking back to your free crochet patterns and/or tutorials.

You can find more information on this page: http://crochetpatternbonanza.com/submit-your-links.html

Thank you so much for your time and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
    Rhelena

22. Tari Padilla says:

I learned how to crochet years ago. Like a fool, I never kept it up. Thank u for the patterns Claire u just inspired me to pick my crochet needle back up!!! Thank You so very much!!! I hope to visit u on Facebook. :-)

23. Tari Padilla says:

So sorry, I meant Clara. Please forgive my error. Thank you, if u do.

24. Emily says:

Is the number 5 a USA number 5 (1.7mm) or a UK number 5 (0.7mm or 5.50mm)?