Quick Kids Craft: Easy Spotty Eggs - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

Quick Kids Craft: Easy Spotty Eggs

| March 19, 2012 | 26 Comments

Hello.. a very quick craft for you – easy spotty eggs – a great way to decorate eggs this easter with toddlers and young children! They are part of a post I wrote for Tesco Magazine. As a child, we used to colour our hard boiled eggs with food dye and then stick on pictures of rabbits, chicks and lambs… I don’t have any of those stickers, and to be honest, I thnk they are a little boring…. so I wanted an “easy” egg decorating craft for young children, that also didn’t matter if you eat the eggs afterwards (who wants to break an egg decorated as a bunny, cute chick, a lovely owl or even an angry bird?!) toddler Easter eggs decorations

How lovely are these? All you need to do, is

• Boil your eggs.
  • Colour them with food dye (as per my egg blowing post),
  • Put on office or teacher’s stickers – they look great with just circles or stars! If the circles are large, you may get a little crease in them, but I think they still look lovely!

Alternatively – have you tried melting crayons onto your hot eggs? Want more ideas? 10 Egg Decorating Ideas:

10 delightful Easter Egg Decorating ideas from Red Ted Art

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Easter, Kids Craft

1. What a great craft for toddlers to do for Easter – I\’m going to try it with the hope that it may get J eating eggs as well. I have pinned to the baby and toddler board

2. oooh fab Maggy. I have to do eggs for next week at school, these sound very easy!

It was it was! Just the egg dyeing can be a faff.. but you just stick them all into one big bowl of dye and sorted!!

Cerys thanks for the pin!!

4. Terri says:

These are adorable!! We normally just dye our eggs, but this would be a fun way to decorate them!

5. I like this way of creating the dots – super easy for little ones to help!

Thank you! We rather enjoyed doing them too!

7. OneMommy says:

So cute and so simple! Love it! My kids love sticking on stickers, and they don\’t mind if they\’re just little circles of color! Bet I have some of these left in my teaching supplies…

8. bugs says:

I like the food colouring idea and also what you said about breaking a chick apart

:-) hooray to sticker spotty eggs! So pleased you guys like them!

10. Jodi says:

Cute idea. The bold design stood out to me. I bet my kids would love doing it.

11. kate says:

Love this idea! I will have to do these with my nephew next time I watch him. He will love it!

I would love it if you joined my Easter Inspiration Party!

Thanks!
    Kate

Done! :-)

13. Super easy idea – love it!
    ~Andrea

14. Ally says:

Oh wow these are so cute. Thanks for linking up to momstown arts and crafts!

15. Great looking Easter craft that is easy. I will have to give it a go. Have a look at my fingerprint chick project for another easy Easter craft idea for kids. http://therewasacrookedhouse.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/kids-easter-craft-fingerprint-chicks/

16. A great looking but easy craft. I will have to give this a go. Stop by and have a look at my Fingerprint Chicks project – another easy Easter craft project to do with kids

17. Brittany says:

How cute! They look like they\’re right out of a Dr. Seuss book!

18. so adorable! I’d love it if you added this to our #kidsinthekitchen theme, it would be a great fit

19. SMART!! Thanks for the tip!