Handprint Alphabet - A for Alien - Red Ted Art's Blog

Handprint Alphabet – A for Alien

| April 14, 2012 | 26 Comments

Red Ted (4yrs) will be going to “big school” this September… and I thought it would be fun to support him with some Handprint Alphabet crafts. Mainly because both Pip Squeak and Red Ted LOVE printing with their hands.. and apart from a “great start” two years ago with our Handprint Fish, we don’t really do much handprinting. All change now!  I think that this is a great activity for those of us that have children at different age groups – older children can help younger ones, or create more complicated paintings. Younger ones can enjoy getting messy!

So today we have A.

A for…. ALIEN!!!!!

Handprint Crafts A

The kids painted… we got inspired. We added googly eyes and shiny things. We read the book “Aliens Love Underpants“. And Red Ted started practising writing “Aliens”… but then the doorbell rang and his friends arrived for playtime. So we will try writing the word again later!

toddler Handprint Crafts

Handprint Crafts alphabet

Handprint Crafts Aliens

by Red Ted (4yrs) – it was his idea to add the green tips and use 3 fingers.

Handprint Crafts preschool

by Red Ted (4yrs) – can you see the “A” in the top left hand corner… we will add to it later!

Handprint Crafts toddlers

by Pip Squeak (2yrs), she always needed two eyes!

Handprint Crafts toddlers

by Pip Squeak (2yrs), who found some shiny things for noses.

So.. do you like our very first Handpring Alphabet? I hope so! I am looking forward to B… what will it be?

B for ……. come back and see!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Alphabet, Kids Craft

1. these are sooo cute – I love them. I will def have to give some a try. Pip squeek\’s ones with noses remind me of alien clowns.

Oh yes! Little Alien clowns! I have to say, I rather like Pip Squeak\’s! Funny how they all have their own little way of doing things! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

3. artsy_momma says:

How cute!!! We are doing the same thing- my little guy is also 4 :) I asked my FB readers awhile back about some letters, but am still stumped for V & Y…any thoughts??? LMK if you want to start a collaborative Alphabet board on Pinterest? I know another pinner who may be interested too :)

4. artsy_momma says:

*handprint alphabet board *

Oh! I never thought as far ahead as V and Y… good point!

Will have a think

And yes, let\’s do a board :-)

6. lorraine says:

v could be vase, van, volcano, vest,

Y could be yacht, yo-yo, yellow

I did F for firefighters before for my kids and had a piece of string as the hose. if i can find a photo, i ll send it.

love A for Alien.

Ooh Lorraine, great recommendations! :-)

8. maria says:

what a great idea, i love the alien prints:)

9. Isil says:

They are super cute! Lovely way to teach the alphabet :)

10. What a great idea for an alphabet series! LOVE it! I’ll be sharing on facebook and twitter as you go.

11. This is such a cute idea – I wish I could get handprints to work…. they just won’t do them

I found when they were really little, they wouldn’t either, but they got better as they got older? Just keep trying every so often. Or maybe do your handprint, turn it into something (like the Alien) and let them go ooooh in wonder?

12. LOVE these fun aliens! Those wiggly eyes and antenna just have me smiling! I am such a sucker for handprint crafts! :)

13. Pinkoddy says:

They are great. I need to go back and do A because it’s missing as he already knew it. We just got our school allocations today – hope RedTed has his first choice.

We did we did! So we are all happy re schools! Have been working on our “B” today. Hopefully get it finished and posted ASAP!

15. Andrea @ Running 4 Mamas Comeback says:

I love these! I was just looking for projects to do with my toddler this week!! Thanks!

16. I love your B handprint too! I can’t wait to see them all!

17. Betsy says:

My class made these yesterday. They turned out so cute! Thanks for the idea!

18. Wendi Bunting says:

We made the whole alphabet for our after school club,( The Orchard). The children and I and my work mate thoroughly enjoyed making them,I posted some of the results on your page.