Kids Crafts: Monster Puppets - Red Ted Art's Blog

Kids Crafts: Monster Puppets

| May 2, 2012 | 25 Comments

finger puppets craftsRemember how a few weeks ago we made Blossom Fairy Lights from Egg Cartons?? Well.. we only used the “cup” of the egg carton and I couldn’t resist keeping the “long pointy bits”.. I knew they would make perfect egg carton Monster finger puppets! So, when we had a play date a couple of weeks later, the kids got crafty. Again inspired by the pretty glittery glitter from Zing Zing Tree, as well as her really cool chenille  ribbon, the kids got crafty.

The process was very simple: paint – dry – stick – play!

finger puppets

Painting our egg cartons!

finger puppets

Our motley crew of monster puppets. Just add googly eyes, glitter and funky chenille  ribbon (super tactile and the kids ADORE it, we receivd some as a present)!

egg carton puppets

The green finger puppet is a little like a dinosaur, don’t you think?

finger puppets

I love their “hats and skirts”! I think the kids did a great job with their Monster Finger Puppets! Yay for egg carton crafts!

finger puppets

Join the Kids Get Crafty linky party! Each week Creative with Kids and Red Ted Art host this kids craft linky, bringing you more readers and more ideas to browse! Disclaimer: by joining the Kids Get Crafty linky – you give us permission to highlight any projects on Red Ted Art and Creative with Kids or share your craft ideas on Pintrest – we will always link to your site! If you have been crafty with your kid’s be it at home, in the kitchen or outdoors, please link up!

What is your favourite egg carton craft of all time? Check out our egg carton crafts  to date!

Tags: , , , ,

Category: Kids Craft, Recycling

1. Brittany says:

Your little monsters are so fun! Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great night!

2. sunnymama says:

Your monsters are very cute! :)

3. Pinkoddy says:

I love what you can do with googly eyes they are fab.
    Thanks for hosting.

:-) aaah thanks everyone! And yes, googly eyes really do transform EVERYTHING, don’t they?!

5. I’m glad it’s not just me that keeps the bits from junk that we cut up :D I love these monsters the glitter completes them

6. They are very cute! i love pip squeaks hair clips too!

7. These are insanely cute! You just have to mention glitter and googly eyes and I’m hooked. :)

8. Ellie says:

These are a fab and look like they were so much fun to make, thanks for sharing. Also loved your pirate ship last week, we’ve just had a pirate birthday party with a giant cardboard pirate ship which despite being very basic turned out to be very popular!

9. Rebecca says:

Such cute little monsters. I bet they’re great for storytelling.

10. your projects always make me smile. i havent seen you around at the blog for a long while. why not come link this up at our current party http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/ It’s worth sharing it with others!

Aaawww thank you, heading your way now!

12. Emma says:

Not really sure if mine is ‘crafty enough’ but thought it might be a nice easy activity for the non-crafty people out there so I linked it up anyway!

13. These are so cute! How fun to have a whole family of monsters.

14. Ooh, we made monster art this week, too! What fun!

I think Monsters are just a fabulous crafts for young children – you simply can’t go wrong and no pressure to “get things right”!!!

15. Lenora says:

oh my.. i used to do this as a child.. i’d forgotten.. and lightbulb rattles too..

16. Natalie says:

This is a brilliant idea, and those monsters look super cute!

17. Fabulous idea, thanks for sharing on Craft Schooling sunday!

18. Thank you for linking it up at our link party: http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/
    As always, I love your ideas!

A brand new party will open today!