Handprint Alphabet - J for Jellyfish - Red Ted Art's Blog

Handprint Alphabet – J for Jellyfish

| June 16, 2012 | 19 Comments

Welcome back to the handprint alphabet series. Today we looked at “J” for…. Jellyfish. We settled on jellyfish pretty quickly and I was relieved not to have to figure out how to do a handprint jaguar…..

We had great fun doing the jellyfish!

handprint arts and crafts

handprint art

For the handprint jellyfish, we left the thumb “clean” and only painted the four fingers. I encouraged the children to touch the paper with their FINGERTIP only first – give them a wiggly little line and then press the whole hand down …. hoping to achieve the long swaying tentacles of the jellyfish!

Pip Squeak ADORED this letter.

handprint art

handprint alphabet

Red Ted’s jelly fish. Both children adored adding the watery air bubbles with their finger tips. Red Ted also chose big googly eyes and a big smile!

handprints

jellyfish

Pip Squeak enjoyed spending AGES choosing what size googly eyes to use. I don’t think her 3rd jellyfish was meant to look sad. She just got her lines a little muddled!

Her is Red Ted using up the remaining paint. I always let them – so that they can “discover and explore” what happens with colour, especially in view or our Kids Get Arty series, where I want the children to explore and learn about art and making marks etc:

arty kids

Aaah, we did like doing this set of handprints!

Handprint Art A,  Handprint Art B,  Handprint Art CHandprint Art DHandprint Art F , Handprint Art GHandprint HHandprint Art I

Tags: , , ,

Category: Alphabet, Handprints

1. Sarah says:

This is my favorite so far…but I think I say that about all of your hand print alphabet characters. Oh! You should come up with rhymes for them and market it in a book. Seriously. It’d be really popular!

@Sarah ooooh what a lovely idea about rhymes, was thinking of collecting them in a simple ebook anyway (as they are “there”…), but you are right a short rhyme with each would be FAB!

3. Pinkoddy says:

Those are great jellyfish. I like the blue fingerprints around them.

4. Sian says:

lovely – made me smile today : )

Awe thank you! Aim achieved :-) we like making people smile!

6. Rebecca says:

So cute, and wonderfully messy!

7. Allison says:

I saw this on the Sunday Showcase and wanted to comment. I love how cute and yet simple these are! My little guys love finger and hand painting, and I think they would be tickled to make these. Pinning!

8. I love this whole handprint letter series! Thanks so much for sharing this with Tuesday Tots last week. I have pinned it to a few different boards now :)

9. Dee says:

I love this idea! My daughter will be a frist year teacher and is starting out the year with Under The Sea so this is great! I am sure this site will be a great tool for her to get some great ideas and advise.

10. lifetimenanny says:

I am going through what you have done so far. I love them all. I can’t wait to do this series in the fall. I love love the jellyfish. I am so happy I found your site.