Physalis Crafts - Autumn Fairy Lights : Red Ted Art's Blog

Autumn Fairy Lights – Physalis Crafts

| September 21, 2012 | 29 Comments

Oooh one thing I really like in Autumn is that beautifully orange Physalis (aka Chinese Lantern or Japanese Lantern). It is bright orange, delicate (but not too delicate) and quirky. And I love it. But what to make from them? Have you got any favourite Physalis Crafts to share? Well.. I have not one but 3 physalis crafts for you today…. and the main one today is our Autumn Fairy Lights. SO simple. SO pretty!

And I apologise if I got a bit carried away with the photos!

phylasis craft ideas

Materials: Fairy Lights, nail scissors (I have a pair for crafting), physalis

fall crafts

1) With your nail scissors, carefully cut around the stem and remove the stem and seed. Do not make the hole too big, else your physalis will keep falling off the fairy lights.

fall craft ideas

2) Repeat and start popping them onto your fairy lights.

And that is it.. and now lots of photos to show them off. Sorry, I couldn’t figure out which image was best!!
easy fall crafts

phylasis craft ideas

phylasis craft ideas

Isn’t it simple? Isn’t it pretty? So lovely! And great for Autumn!! Such a lovely fall craft idea to make you all happy inside!

Here are two more physalis crafts to inspire you:

fall crafts physalis elves Egg Carton Spring Crafts

Autumn Mobile

Physalis Elves

And if it is the Fairy Lights that grabbed you check out our Egg Carton Blossoms!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: Autumn, How To's, Nature

Sites That Link to this Post

1. Pinterest Picks | BabyHuddle blog | September 28, 2012
  1. Chelsey says:

These are so adorable!!!! What a fun way to celebrate fall! My Lucy is going to be all over these when I show her the photos in the morning. :)

2. Sian says:

beautiful : )
    will have to grow some next year!

3. Mami Made It says:

Beautiful! Love Physalis! What a great way to show the beauty and versatility of this awesome plant.

4. They look gorgeous. Very similar to what we do but I use a branch to put them on and then the fairy lights (it’s true great minds :) ). They would make adorable mini pumpkins as well ;)

Sian – I am going to look into growing some too… these come from a neighbour!

Mami Made It – I agree, it is so pretty just the way it is!

Cerys – I know, great minds!! And Pumpkins would be adorable.

6. They are delightful, I LOVE them! Do you have them growing in your own garden?

7. You’ve inspired me, I HAVE to have a source. I’m off to see where I could fit them in the garden!

Yes!! It would be lovely to have some of your own in your garden!!!! I am hoping they will grow in a not so happy corner of mine!

9. These are really lovely. I love the orange glow.

10. Awww beautiful Maggy. Pinned and stumbled. x

Ooh thanks for the pin and stumble :-)

12. oooh they are gorgeous BUT don’t the flowers die once they get hot?!!

No, over time, they get drier and brittle (so would probably only last one season anyway). But to date ours have not gotten hot at all. I guess it depends on “how old” your fairy lights are. Modern ones tend to not get (too) hot?

13. maria says:

They are gorgeous, what a fabulous craft!

Thank you Maria!

15. Oh, that is so beautiful! Love, love, love! Wish we had those flowers at our place!

16. Those are beautiful, and it looks so easy too!

17. Becky says:

Stunning and soimple !Where do I get the flowers from though maggie???

18. jenny paulin says:

wow! this is so clever!! amazing! x

Becky, I got mine from a neighbour’s garden. Maybe you could get some from a florist or look out for them on walks?

20. Gorgeous Maggy, such an amazing idea! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling sunday!

21. Claridge's Childcare says:

These grow very easily I have them everywhere they are like a weed in my garden. Thank you for the great idea I was running out of ideas for them (they make great pumpkins)

22. Jamie says:

That is beautiful!! Who would have thought you could reuse that gorgeous plan for this? I love it!! Have to plant some for next year!

23. Helen Fern says:

What a fabulous idea!! I nominated your for the Liebster award – a great way to help blogger get exposure! Visit my post that has your link back and the info – And I am now one of your followers!!

(can’t get a link here, so you can go to my blog – the Liebster post!)