Got a party to go to? Sorted out your gift? But **forgot** the wrapping paper? Need something quick. Nice but last minute?
Make your own DIY wrapping paper with potato prints and cookie cutters. Super easy and fast!
Materials: rolled white paper or brown packing paper or even newspaper, a potato, cookie cutter, knife and paint in 2 colours.
1) I find it easiest to just wrap the present first!
2) Push your cookie cutter into your potato.
3) With a knife cut around you cutter.
4) Remove the bits and the cutter and then cut across the potato to flatten your surface.
5) Dry the potato on a paper towel.
6) Using a paint brush add paint and print! I like the pattern to go diagonally, with the odd bit of colour interspersed. Or go for a random print with no order.
7) For colour change I gave the potato a quick wash, dried it and continued.
Make ANY paper using your cookie cutters – DIY gingerbread pattern wrapping paper, DIY Christmas Tree Paper wrapping paper, DIY Heart Wrapping paper.. whatever cutters you have to hand.
Update: a few days later I needed MORE paper and my potato had shrivelled. So I made this ink pad DIY Wrapping Paper, do check it out!
UPDATE 2: and now we have brought all our wrapping paper ideas together in this pone post: