Stick Craft Ideas - 10 Ideas to get you crafting with sticks

Stick Craft Ideas

| February 7, 2013 | 24 Comments

10 Stick Crafts - finally get crafty with all those sticks brought back from walksIf you are like us, and ALWAYS collect sticks when you are out and about with the kids, you may also be like us and wonder what to make with sticks? So since our Google + Hangout Debut (remember, I told you all about Hangouts and how they work a while back), we decided a “Stick Craft Ideas” may come in handy – especially to those of us with kids! Having said that, I think some of these crafts (check out the Heart Wreath) would appeal to all age groups!

And as a social media junkie – come and find me here: GOOGLE+facebooktwitter, and pinterest.

10 Stick Craft Ideas Hangout:

Sharing our Stick Craft Ideas links:

In order of appearance

1. First you have me introducing the hangout and sharing our SUPER QUICK Stickman How To. Really it doesn’t get much faster than that. It is also one the crafts featured in Red Ted Art the book! Go take a peak and order your copy now!

2. Next we have the gorgeous Ali from Kids Chaos, who shows us their fantastic shadow puppets – sticks of course needed for “holding”. I love the designs her boy came up with!

3. Anthea from Zing Zing Tree shares her girls fabulous stick and clay creation – making Wall Flowers with them.. They look great as features hanging from the wall (I would be so tempted to hang some seasonal decorations from it.. but I suspect that that is NOT the point of them!

4. Kelly makes some adorable little pom pom stick flowers. Pip Squeak saw them and straight away “had to” make her own set. So you can see – super popular with the kids!

5. Liz from Me and My Shadow has some adorable willow heart wreaths, I SOOO want to make some.

6. Aly from Plus2.4 was a little late to the party – but she did make her wonderful Stick Wands – LOVE the crystal at the end of them. So do pop her way to have a look.

7. To round it up at the end, I also shared our Stick Trees which is part of our Four Seasons exploration this year and

8. Our Stick and Conker spider web craft.

9. We also love using sticks in our general crafting – a stick from our walk, became the Hobby Horse’s stick.

10. As your extras, I LOVE Sun Hats & Wellie Boots’s stick hedgehog, it is just so wonderful. One of my favourite stick crafts. We had a go at this with saltsdough and it was lovely (though make sure your saltdough is firm or else it will spread and all the sticks will fall out!!)

So! I do hope you enjoyed this list of Stick Craft Ideas! And that you have found some inspiration to get crafty with sticks. Would love to hear what your favourite stick crafts are! Do let us know in the comments!

Tags: , , ,

Category: Hangouts, Kids Craft, Nature, vlogs

1. Liz Burton says:

LOVED the hangout this week. So many great ideas for kids of all ages – even my ripe old age!

x

2. Mama Nature says:

We love painting Ostara sticks every spring! Sometimes we even add colorful wax!

3. alex says:

Hi! Happened upon your site while checking out “Stick Man” crafts. (one of our favorite books in this house!) we recently did this arrow craft I found on the bulgarian craft site Krokotak (http://krokotak.com/2013/01/strelite-na-lyubovta-i-ne-samo/). my boys LOVE them! here was our take on it: http://blog.anportraits.com/2013/02/06/heart-stick-arrows-seattle-area-child-photographer/

Oh yes, we love that arrow craft and featured it as part of our “Pipecleaner Round up” – great minds!!! http://www.redtedart.com/2013/02/02/pipecleaner-craft-ideas/

5. Wonderful selection of Activities.

Thank you for linking up to Tuesday Tots and letting you know that I’m featuring this over on Rainy Day Mum this week.

6. Victoria Perkins says:

I love the sticks that look like the Truffula trees in The Lorax book by Dr. Seuss!! That is a theme in my classroom I will totally be decorating my class with these. I also loved all the ideas with sticks, including puppets, people, and the beautiful decorations you all made, thank you for sharing this with us. :)

7. What a fabulous hangout!! :) Thanks for sharing so many great ideas! :)

8. Jen Fischer says:

I love these stick ideas and completely relate as we love to create with sticks. I wish we could have joined the hangout! Here are our favorite things to do with sticks – http://jennifischer.blogspot.com/2012/04/ten-for-tuesday-all-you-need-are-sticks.html

9. Linda Ursin says:

Great ideas. I also used a stick for the hobby horse I made :)

10. Coombemill says:

Some lovely ideas, we have plenty of sticks here, I’m just starting on some spider webs for our halloween ghost train.

11. Becky Chastain says:

I made a horse for my granddaughter from small limbs that cut from my backyard tree! I used very small leather ears, leather strips for mane and tail, and carved out notches to fit the legs onto the body. I glued the legs,mane tail and ears on. I carved out eyes and used a blck permanent pen to add the eyes. I made a halter from different colored leather. The stick had a natural ” head and neck” shape so it made it easier. No, I’ve never carved anything but I just went at it. I was proud of the finished horse but lost my pics on my old computer that died!

12. What a great collection of stick-based activities! Thank you for uploading this. Environmental organizations in Chicago are “celebrating the stick” this June Leave No Child Inside Month, and these simple and fun activities will come in very handy!