Kids Crafts: 3 Kings - Red Ted Art's Blog : Red Ted Art's Blog

Kids Crafts: 3 Kings

| April 24, 2013 | 27 Comments

3 Kings for KidsYes… that is right, Easter has barely gone and “already” we are making Three Wise Men! Well and a king and a queen and a princess… I think Easter and the Easter story brought Christmas back to front of mind and Red Ted asked if we could make some King. I am not sure of his train of thought, but he saw some Loo Rolls, wanted to make men and then ended up at the Three Wise Men. Pip Squeak of course wanted a princess. So kings, queens and princesses we made!

Materials: TP Rolls, paint for faces and crowns (we used acrylics – if you don’t have gold paint, you could use tin foil and make silver crowns?), fabric scraps of royal quality, googly eyes, pens and wool left overs for hair. Felt. PVA glue. Gems (optional)

But use what materials you have to hand – you can also make hare from strips of black paper or cotton wool

Cardboard Tube Kings Painting

1) The kids painted – we painted various “king face colours” and some queens. We also painted 2 loo rolls all golden to later cut down to crowns.

Three Kings Crafts

2) Whilst the loo rolls were drying, we went to our fabric stash to look for suitable clothes. Red Ted decided he wanted to model his three kings on the three kings from our Nativity playmobil set.

3) Glue on your clothes.

4) Create the hair – we cut strands  of wool, and draped it over the loo roll with lots of glue. One of the wise men has  a beard and white made from felt and one is bald!

TP Roll Princess and queen

5) Finally, we cute the crowns out of the golden loo rolls and glue them on. Once it was all dry the kids added stick gems. Red Ted stuck to the same colour gem all the way round, whilst Pip Squeak opted for “more is more” and used all the colours and shapes possible.

TP Roll People Play

Play!

3 Kings CraftsJoin the Kids Get Crafty linky party!

Disclaimer: by joining the Kids Get Crafty linky – you give us permission to highlight any projects on Red Ted Art  or share your craft ideas on Pinterest – I will always link to your site!

If you have been crafty with your kid’s be it at home, in the kitchen or outdoors, please link up!

What are your favourite TP Roll Crafts?

Tags: , , , , , ,

Category: Christmas, Kids Craft, Loo Rolls, Recycling

I think I am going to get in trouble with this post in April, right?!?! But there are some Kings an Queens too….

1. Pinkoddy says:

Oh they are really cute. My favourite is still the sad giraffe my kids made – it was such a great team effort.

Thanks for hosting.

2. Love these. Would be cool if we could all get our TP people to meet in an online TP world (food for thought)

3. Colette says:

Toilet roll people are truly ace! Although slightly disturbed by the Christmas theme ;-) We’ve not made any TP things this year so thanks for the inspiration for this weekends crafty stuff…think we’ll try some animals..

4. These are so cute! The royal party should have guys and gals.

5. Love these! My little boy loves to pretend to be a king, so we might try them soon! And thanks for letting us link up!

Hooray, so pleased you guys like the kings… I admit, I was a little “nervous” posting 3 Kings in April!!! But the Queens make up for it, I guess!!

6. Faigie says:

When I was a teacher (in a Jewish school) we would make kings and queens and other characters in the Purim story. We would use all kinds of containers that the kids got to choose for their bodies, then they chose some kind of paper to cover it and then they chose from the various materials displayed to make their own characters.

7. Lovely Maggy, I must start saving toilet rolls again!

8. Thanks for hosting this fun party!

9. Mum of One says:

Oh I love these! Am pinning for Xmas :)

10. Ana says:

As usual, super fun and super cute craft! Love everything on your site!

11. kewkew says:

These are so cute. I love toilet paper tube crafts!

12. MOM OF TWO says:

Love these little people. Made princesses with my two kids today and now they want more of them and they want one ship (your pirate ship) to be made for the princesses too :) thanks for sharing your ideas

13. These guys are beyond gorgeous, Maggy! We used our TP rolls to make a little town of Bethlehem… (they look quite run down compared to these guys lol). My kids would love making these. Thank you! I’ll be featuring this post in my nativity activities for kids roundup. xoxo P