Here is a super cute and quick little craft fr you – cork and rubber band boats. These are ridiculously easy and quick to do and yet are so cute and fun AND really float well. Once you start making these easy cork boats, you will soon find yourself with a whole regatta of them!!!! We started off making colourful sails and then moved on to some of these pirate cork boat beauties. Really, keep it simple or make add some detail! It is up to you!
Watch the video how to, to see how VERY QUICK it is to make these:
Or follow the step by step instructions down below!
Don’ forget to SUBSCRIBE to our craft channel!
To Make Cork Boats you will need:
- 3 corks per boat – this gives it the perfect stability
- 2 elastic bands (we collected them off the road as the postman always drops them)
- a toothpick
- some paper or craft foam
- string (optional)
To Make Cork Boats:
1) Place your elastic around the three corks – try and get 3 corks that are roughly the same width.
2) Decide on what sort of sails you want. You can keep them plain or add piratey details. Here we made some pirate ship sales – by using black paper and some white paint. Using craft foam would be great as it would add a little bit more water proofness. Though these boats float so well, the sails shouldn’t get wet.
3) Pierce your sail with the toothpick and add a wimple if you wish.
Add a little string to your cork boat if you wish to take it to the local pond or river.