3D Heart Decorations – Arty Hearts
The 31 Days of Love series continues.. we adore all the stunning Valentines Decorations and Kids’ Valentines Crafts that have been share over the recent weeks. There are so many different ideas for you browse and choose from! Today we have a gorgeous 3D Heart Decoration by the lovely se7en Gang. Love how they work on these together as a family and really bring a unique stamp to their crafting. These 3d Heart Decorations.. are not just “3d” but love the Arty Heart Doodling going on too. Just gorgeous and oh so pretty! These make a great addition to our ever growing list of Heart Crafts – perfect for Valentines Day, Mother’s Day and even as Christmas Decorations!!
Arty Hearts – 3D Heart Decorations
Hi there, it’s the se7en gang, waving hello from sunny Cape Town. We are so thrilled to be part of Red Ted Art’s 31 Days of Love again. You have no idea how fabulous it is to sit down on a hot hot day in mid-January for an afternoon of creating and making heart crafts. turns out that these hanging hearts will make lovely gifts and are a fun and cheery way to brighten up a room.
Materials Required for 3D Heart Decorations
- At least three hearts cut out of any paper you might have… craft paper, printer paper, any paper that can withstand a little artiness on it. I chose black paper for our demonstration, but really any paper will do. Don’t use stiff card, it is hard to manipulate and fold.
- Markers, paints, pencils, collage materials, anything that you would like to decorate your hearts with. You can really go mad here… from glitter for proficient crafters, to stickers for absolute beginners.
- Glue sticks, or project glue, depending on the type of paper you used.
- A thread (about elbow to fingertip in length), it can be string, embroidery thread, twine…
- A few pretty beads or buttons to thread onto the one end of your thread…
Se7en Steps to Make Your Hundreds of Hanging Doodle Hearts
- Each person needs a heart to decorate, and then another and another… three in total. Some enthusiastic artists might need more, but multiples of three work well. We used buttons, petals, dried flowers, beads and markers.
- Otherwise thread an inch or two of beads onto your thread… for prettiness and to help your hanging hearts to hang beautifully.
- Line your three hearts and your beaded thread together and get your glue ready.
- Fold each heart in half and glue the halves of two adjacent hearts together…
- Once you have two hearts glued together you can lay your thread down the centre join of the hearts.
- Finally glue your third heart onto the two hearts, with the thread between them.
- Tie a loop in the loose end of your thread and your hanging heart is ready to hang up.
A Spring Flower Collection, made with water colours and markers.
Bazillions of Bottle Top Flowers…
More Heart Crafts:
More Kids Valentines Day Crafts:
More Valentines Decorations: