Hello! I’m Melissa and I share simple crafts and play activities for kids on my blog, Fireflies & Mud Pies. In conjunction with Red Ted Art’s 31 Days of Love series, I’m sharing a colorful DIY 3D Heart Cards – Heart Balloons that kids can make for teachers, grandparents, neighbors, and friends. This makes a great homemade Valentines Card for Kids!
DIY 3D Heart Card – Heart Balloon
The vibrant, shiny balloons on this card are reminiscent of helium-filled mylar balloons. Simple enough for children to make independently, this craft is perfect for home and school! These DIY 3D Heart Cards would be perfect for Valentine’s Day, but would also make an adorable Wedding Card or simply make these DIY 3D Heart Cards for a family member on their birthday. One lovely easy DIY card, so many occassions to use it for!
DIY 3D Heart Card – Materials:
- 3 rolls of Washi tape
- heart paper punch
- pink twine
- white card stock
- Glue Dots
DIY 3D Heart Card – How To:
1. Roll the tape onto the card stock as pictured below.
2. Use the heart punch to cut out 6 hearts from the tape covered card stock.
3. Fold the hearts. Use the Glue Dots to secure 3 hearts together. Repeat with the remaining
4. Tape a piece of twine to the back of the hearts.
5. Use the Glue Dots to attach the heart balloons to the card. Tie a small bow on the end of the balloon’s strings.
Inside the card, children can write a message to the recipient, sharing why he or she is appreciated and loved!
See More From Fireflies & Mud Pies
To browse more simple crafts—for kids and adults—follow along with Fireflies and Mud Pies! Start with:
If you are looking for more Valentines Cards for Kids to make, take a peak at these 25+ ideas:
This shows all the lovely Valentine’s Day Cards that have been shared and made on Red Ted Art over the years!