We love a cute and easy stationery diy for kids!! Nothing like getting your DIY school supplies and desks organised for the New Year. You will be familiar with our “Tin Can Pen Pots” – we have done a number over the years, as these DIY Pencil Holders are so easy, fun and QUICK to make. Allowing you to update your room decor or school supplies for every season. Recently we shared our lovely Snowman Pet Pot.. and we thought he would LOVE to be joined by this super duper CUTE DIY Penguin Pencil Holder craft. As with the Snowman, they really are quick to make (probably a 5minute craft, if not 5 minutes, then you can certainly make it in under 10 minutes!!). All you need is a tin can.. a bit of paper and you are on your way…
DIY Penguin Pencil Holder – Materials
- A tin can per penguin (we “upcycled” our already upcycled Kawaii Pen Pots!! Got to love it!!!)
- Black Construction Paper
- Scraps of white, orange and pink paper
- A pen, scissors & tape
- A glue stick*
If you want to avoid any gluing.. you could draw and colour a penguin onto white paper? Though it would mean a LOT of colouring of black!!!
How to make DIY Penguin Pencil Holders
Please do watch our handy little Penguin Desk Tidy video or follow the pen pot step by step instructions below!!
How to make Penguin Pen Pots from Tin Cans – Step By Step
- Begin by measuring out your black paper – high enough for the tin and long enough to wrap round the tin once plus a little extra.
- Cut out your penguin shapes
- an oval for the body (you can flatten it at the bottom if you wish)
- two orange hearts with the bottom cut flat for the penguin’s feet
- a traingular beak
- and two penguin eyes
- we also cut out some cute rosie cheeks to give our penguin that kawaii look
- Glue your penguin body parts to the centre of your black paper.
- Add a strip of tape to one end of the black paper (heighth wise) and secure to the back of the tin can.
- Then wrap it around the tin can secure with a second strip of tape.
THAT.. is how easy it is to make a DIY Penguin Pencil Holder!!
More wonderful Pencil Holder DIYs here:
More great Winter Crafts for Kids here: