Looking for the Queen’s platinum Jubilee activities? Well.. you simply HAVE to make this royal paper crown craft! The perfect Paper Crown for any monarch. These Jubilee crowns can be made as Jubilee activities in the classroom, at home or for any Platinum Jubilee Street party!
This paper crown is perfect for all kinds of Jubilee activities.
- It is a wonderful project to create in the classroom – learn about the Queen and other monarchs, then make the paper crown!
- Have a set of the paper crown printables “out” for the kids to make at a Jubilee picnic, party or Jubilee street party
- Make a Platinum Jubilee Crown ahead of time and have party games at your jubilee street party.. then crown someone “King” or “Queen” at the end of the day – be sure to have a throne ready for his or her majesty too!
- The perfect paper crown for any Jubilee related school play/ presentation or special assembly!
- The Jubilee Crowns also make gorgeous Jubilee decorations – make a set as “centre” pieces for your platinum Jubilee Party food tables! These would compliment any lovely Jubilee bunting with union jack flags!
So if you want to learn how to make a paper crown that looks like Queen Elizabeth’s crown.. look no further, read on and grab the paper crown template! Then decorate to your heart’s content. A fabulous paper crown craft that you can personalise and have lots of fun with!
When is the Platinum Jubliee of Queen Elizabeth II?
Queen Elizabeth II accended the thrown on the 6th February 1952! The celebration for the 70th anniversary of her reign started on the 6th Febuary 2022. With a special Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend being celebrated on 2nd June until the 5th June 2022. Most residents will hold their platinum Jubilee celebrations on this weekend with a street meet or street party!
ROYAL CROWN – a Paper Craft
To make your paper crowns you will need:
- coloring pens, paint, anything you want to color & decorate your crown with really
- hole punch
- craft knife & safety mat
- split pin (though you can make this crown assembly work with a stapler or even some glue.. just the split pins are so easy and less fiddly!)
How to make your Royal Crown for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
After downloading the templates for this crown, colour in all three parts of the crown and jewels. Have fun with pens, pencils and watercolours! Make your paper crown truly spectacular!
When you have finished coloring your paper crown, start cutting out the crown. Make sure to cut the top parts (that will look like feathers) up to the jewel chain (see photo).
Glue the three parts of the crown together. You can add tape from the inside to make it sturdier. Then, punch out the holes we will use for the split pin to hold together the top part of the crown. Put the main body of the crown to the side.
Time to craft the top part of your Paper Crown!
Fold the top along the line and then cut. Before gluing shut the top part make sure to fold the bottom to a 90° angle. The bottom part will then be glued on top of the crown.
Find the two white circles on the jewels page right next to the top part of the crown. Make a small cut with your scissors or if you have craft knife (get your parents to help if using a craft knife). Then push the split pin through one of the paper circles.
From the bottom of the crown start pinning the smaller flaps/feathers.
In the top photo you can see what it looks like from the inside of the crown. Now start adding the longer “feathers”/flaps on to the split pin. Add the 2nd paper circle and split the pin so it will hold all flaps in place.
Add glue to the bottom part of the top and glue it on top of the crown.
All that’s left now is to add as many jewels as you like where ever you like!!! Have fun!
You can also watch our quick slide show video here:
Ta-daaaa your Royal Crown is ready!!!!
Our video tutorial is also available on YouTube!