Ooh how we do love a good Dr. Seuss book and what better way to celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday than with a Dr. Seuss Bookmark Design? Today we share a cute Thing 1 & Thing 2 Bookmark Corner.. aren’t these jolly little characters just fun?! The perfect Bookmark for Dr. Seuss fans! Love. As with all our bookmarks, you will find that they are quick and easy to make and that the kids will love them!! We also have a fabulous (and yes quick and EASY) Cat in the Hat Hat DIY for you to check out!! Hooray for Dr. Seuss.
Thing 1 & Thing 2 Corner Bookmark – Materials:
- square piece of white paper (we cut an A4 sheet of paper down to make two squares – approx 15 x 15cm but any size between 10 – 15cm square is fine!)
- Some red, blue and white fabric scraps
- Black Pen
- Scissors and glue
How to make a Dr. Seuss Bookmark Corner
Watch out easy to follow Dr. Seuss Bookmark Video!
How to make a Thing 1 & Thing 2 Corner Bookmark Step By Step Instructions:
- First you will have to make your basic Origami Bookmark in WHITE. I have a post with step by step photos for you to read here (then come back!): How to make an Origami Bookmark
- Now you have made your basic bookmark corner it is time to decorate!!!
- Make your Thing 1’s body, by cutting a red triangle and slotting it into your bookmark and gluing in place.
- Draw a white circle (use a coin or the lid of your pritt stick to help you if you need).. and use a black marker pen to add black outlines – they can look quite “rough” to copy the hand drawn style of Dr. Seuss
- Draw on your Thing 1 and your Thing 2’s face. Use a Dr. Seuss book to guide you into the key characteristics of your Things. Small eyes, with a big smile and a small oval nose. Little but fat eyebrows.
- Finally we need some Thing 1 & Thing 2 CRAZY hair. Cut blue strips of paper (approx 0.5-1cm wide and 10cm long), curl one end with scissors and glue in place.
Hoorah. Your Dr. Seuss Bookmarks are FINISHED! That was nice and quick, wasn’t it? If you have Dr. Seuss fans in your family.. why not make one for them on Dr. Seuss’s birthday?! Adorable!
More fabulous Corner Bookmark Designs for all seasons and interests
Well over 100 fabulous corner bookmarks to choose from!
Do also check out our Cat in the Hat Hat DIY