This post is an additional post to show you how to make a basic origami bookmark corner. As you know we have lots of cute bookmarks ideas here on Red Ted Art.
I thought it would be useful for those that do not always wish to see video instructions for making this easy origami bookmark. We then take this basic paper bookmark and turn it into one of our many Corner Bookmark Designs! Be it an Panda or the super popular Monster Bookmark design!
This basic Origami Bookmark was first published in June 2017 and has been updated and republished for your convenience!
We have either a handy Origami Bookmark Video here or follow the instructions below!
Whilst I have your Attention
All crafts supplied on this website are free for you to follow and read. Occassionally, I charge for the odd template, but the templates are not necessary for crafting! During this super uncertain time of Covid, if would like to show me additional support, there are number of ways you can really help me (and help continue with this free resource website!!):
- Follow me on YouTube (I am soooo keen to hit that 1mill subs milestone!)
- Sign up to my FREE weekly newsletter
- For Preschoolers – follow my FREE FB Group or join this newsletter
- Or if you wish, you can buy me a coffee!
Any, or all of the above are super helpful!!
Begin by making your bookmark corner- step by step instructions:
If the video instructions are not for you, here is how to make this easy paper bookmark following step by step photo instructions!
- Take your A5 sheet of paper and fold over one corner to create a triangle.
- Cut off the excess and rotate your triangle so the long edge is at the bottom and the right angle faces up.
- Fold the lower right corner up to meet the top right angled corner.
- Repeat for the left side.
- Fold these two back open.
- Flip down ONE of the top sheets and crease.
- Now fold the flaps you created back up and tuck INTO your bookmark.
- Repeat for the other side
- Congratulations, you have just created your basic Origami Corner Bookmark!
Watch the Corner Bookmark Video!
Origami Bookmark Corner
- Square piece of paper – 15 x 15cm
- Fold the square paper across the diagonal to make a triangle
- Rotate to bring the long edge parallel, then bring the right corner up to meet the top corner
- Repeat with the corner. You should now have a smaller diamond with a line down the middle
- Open up the last two folds
- Folds down the top corner – only take one sheet of paper
- Bring the right corner back up and fold into the flap
- Repeat with the left corner
Now you have master your Origami Bookmark – hop over to our extensive list of different Corner Bookmark Designs – we add to this on a weekly basis! Highlights from this list include:
These super fun Emoji Corner Bookmarks
Adorable Fox Corner Bookmarks for Autumn
And everyone’s favourite, the MONSTER Corner Bookmarks!
But of course you will find much much more here where you will find lots more cool origami bookmarks!
Watch this Origami Bookmark how to on Youtube
You can also follow me on Instagram!