It is time for some more Paper Quilling fun. We love paper quilling and the huge variety of projects you can create using this wonderful paper crafting technique. Ritu is back to share with us these lovely Paper Quilling flowers, which are perfect for 3D Paper Quilled cards, or as in our case as Paper Quilled Flower Pencil Toppers – a great thank you gift to teachers (we love pencil topper ideas!) or wonderful on Mother’s Day too! Paper quilling is a great paper crafts for older kids to get into – opening up a whole new realm of DIYs and fun!
Paper Quilling Flowers – Materials required:-
- Quilling strips of 3mm (Any bright color for flowers).
- Quilling needle or tooth pick.
- PVA glue
- Any thin wire (Readily available pollens can be used too)
- Small beads
How to make a Paper Quilled Flower Pencil Topper
Yellow Paper Quilled Flower
- This flower is made with the help of quilling comb, If you don’t have quilling comb, you can use any comb available at home.
- To start with, wrap the strip around the two teeth of the comb. Stick it with a drop of glue.For the next round start from the same tooth but go one tooth ahead . Repeat this step five times. Every time going one tooth ahed . If you want to make bigger flower than you can do more rounds .
- For the centre, make a tight coil but using a tooth pick as a centre. This way we can get a bigger hole in the center, and we can pass the wires through it easily.
- Cut a 4 inch long piece of wire and put a small bead through it. Prepare 5-6 wires like this.
- Take a bunch of these wires and pass them through the whole.
- Now, divide the wire ends in two parts. Wrap these ends on the pencil and your pencil topper is ready.
Pink Paper Quilled Flowers:-
- For this flower, I have used tear drop fold. For each petal, make three tear drops using half strip. Stick them together and wrap them with a contrasting color.
- Make 5 petals like this and then stick these together.
- Once these petals are stuck, some gaps were visible. To fill those gaps, I made tear drops of the darker color using 1/4 strip.
- Stick these tear drops in these gaps and complete the circle.
- Make a tight coil using tooth pick as a rolling tool and follow the same procedure.
Purple Paper Quilled Flower
- The fold in this flower is called a tulip. To make this, a tear drop was used as base.
- Make 12 tulips.
- Join two tulips and wrap them with a contrasting colour, prepare 6 petals this way. Rest of the procedure is same as is for other flowers.
To put it on the pencil first wrap few rounds of scotch tape around the top end of the pencil. Slide the pencil topper and than wrap few rounds of scotch tape again. This will help in keeping the topper firm in its place.
Hope you enjoy making it.
More Easy Quilling Patterns here:
More fabulous pencil topper ideas here