This post is sponsored by OttLite
So…. if you like to craft, make, photograph or basically “just” work “all year round”, you may have come across the “problem” of gloomy lighting in the winter months. Whether it is getting your craft projects done in the dark afternoons or even evenings (after the office or once the kids have gone to bed) or you are getting YouTube videos done first thing in the morning – the LIGHT is always a problem.
Many of my “morning” videos have an ahem *lovely* blue tinge to them… whilst the afternoon videos are cast in shadows. If I try and take photos at ANY time of the day, in the Autumn/ Winter months, get some *lovely* grey edges down the side, that I often fail to edit out.
So when OttLite offered to send me some of their desk lamps to try out, I JUMPED at the chance. Who doesn’t need more lights at this time of the year?
They sent me two lamps to try out. I am excited about both for different reasons –
The LED Flex
OTTLITE NATURAL DAYLIGHT LED FLEX LAMP – WHITE (light in foreground)
- Flexible neck directs light where you need it
- 3 brightness settings – up to 400 lumens
- Great for balancing out blue (morning) or yellow (evening) light when crafting/ photographing
- Super bright natural daylight LEDs rated to last up to 40,000 hours
Being able to see natural daylight indoors will most definitely come in handy this time of year for washing away some of that “blue tinge” on my videos. I love the “lowest setting” best… giving that extra bit of light (especially to the “grey corners” of some of my photos) without casting too many shadows across the videos or photo itself. The flexible neck is adjustable which is great for getting the light into the position that I need.
It is great that I can brighten the light for when I need to do some prep work and see what I am doing more closely.
The Craft Lamp
OTTLITE 13W CRAFT SPACE ORGANISER LAMP – TURQUOISE
- Bright craft light – rated to last up to 10,000 hours
- Upper storage is wide with tiered compartments, which is handy for keeping tools organised and within reach
- Lower storage tray has six compartments for easy access to your smaller items
- Sturdy neck extends 11 inches (28 cm) from the base
- Height adjusts from 13.5 inches to 25.5 inches (34.3 cm to 64.8 cm)
The craft space organiser is also brilliant for letting me see fine print and details clearly. A great light to help me work – whether at my computer or doing DIY at my desk… and I LOVE those little cubby holes for all my crafts bits and bobs. I don’t know about you, but I seem to always have some bits and pieces floating about…. from a spare bead, to an eraser, to some paints for a “current” project, to every day staples such as glue and pens. It will most definitely help me keep that work area by the window clearer and my window sill free of stuff “for the cat or the wind” to knock off…
So if you need a little help with the GLOOMY LIGHT this winter, do check out the OttLite lamps above.