How to… Make Walnut Pin Cushions
We love quirky and quick Walnut DIYs! Here is a super easy little walnut pin cushions to make. Perfect for small stocking fillers or a little gift to a crafty friend!
Walnut Pin Cushion – Materials
- Walnut halves,
- fabric scraps,
- ribbons/ brocade,
- PVA glue
- A hot glue gun would also be handy for this, but PVA works just fine.
You could make these REALLY lovely and fill them with lavender – maybe a bit fiddlier, but imagine all the lovely lavender scent each time a pin pricks it!
Walnut Pin Cushion – how to
1) Crack your walnut in half – check our little walnut boat post for best tips of how to do this.
2) A piece of fabric that will fit over the opening of the shell + about a 1-2cm boarder.
3) But some fabric scraps as stuffing under the piece of fabric, bunch the fabric up and squeeze into the shell.
4) Cut a piece of brocade, ribbon or lace as a trip. Wrap it round and with lots of PVA glue secure in place.
Done. Spread a little pin cushion love!
Don’t forget! Lots more Walnut Crafts here: