A quick and easy Owl Bird Feeder Craft for you today. Upcycle juice cartons or milk cartons to make this great craft for our feathery friends. Firstly, I need to apologise on this craft post for you – I forgot to take some photos as we went along! Argh. So we have, uhm a “beginning photo” and an “end photo” of this juice carton craft…. to be honest, I think the bird feeder craft is pretty self explanatory and the additional information, such as what materials we used, you don’t need a photo of anyway? Right? So… here, I unceremoniously share with you our Juice Carton Bird Feeder Craft. We do love Owl Crafts, so we made….. Ta-daaaaa:
This Owl Bird Feeder was first published in May 2014 and has been republished for your convenience!
Juice Carton Owl Bird Feeder – Materials:
- a juice carton
- enamel paints for the garden
- stanly knife
- plastic bottle lids
- googly eyes
- craft stick/ lolly stick/ stick
- hot glue gun or good PVA glue
Milk Carton Owl Bird Feeder – Steps by Steps Instructions:
1) We started off by painting the juice carton. We found we needed to coats to make the colour nice and even. We used enamel paints (for flower pots etc), as these are waterproof. Acrylics are water based and won’t last as long. Though you could use acyrlics and then add a coat of waterproof varnish.
2) Once dry, using your stanly knife, cut out a “tummy and wings” into the bottom half of your juice or milk carton. I used the the tummy, to then cut a beak shape. As to the wings, don’t cut them all out, you want to keep the “flaps” attached. This keeps the seeds a little bit more sheltered and gives you those lovely owl wings!
3) Finally, take your juice carton and glue on your bottle top eyes. And done. I later punched a little hole and hung the bird feeder outside.
Hang and enjoy.
Looking for more Bird Feeder Ideas? Take a look these 15 Bird Feeder DIYs
We also have 30+ Juice Milk Carton Crafts for you here:
We simply LOVE the milk carton houses!
And if you love owls as much as we do.. hop over and make some of these Owl Cupcakes!