Paper Roll Mermaid Craft for Kids- Easy DIY Mermaids
We love a good Toilet Paper Roll Craft for Kids. Today’s Mermaid Craft Idea isn’t strictly made from a Toilet Paper Roll, but from a Paper Roll found inside Kitchen Paper Towels or Wrapping Paper! Well… I know we made a Toilet Paper Roll Desk Tidy last week, but I still somehow felt that I had been neglecting our love for Toilet Paper Rolls. Afterall, TP Rolls are one of Red Ted Art’s “signature” crafts!!! So, Red Ted and I thought we would have another go at “something”.
I saw some pretty sequins smiling at me.. and I thought… Toilet Paper Roll MERMAIDS!
You must excuse the photos, I had to use my iphone, as my normal camera was “having issues” (tut tut). And the lighting were we craft is a bit pour. So. Here we go.
Paper Roll Mermaid DIY – Materials
- a Kitchen Towel Roll,
- sequins (optional, you could just paint it or use glitter instead),
- googly eyes,
- tissue paper,
How to make your cardboard tube mermaid craft
1) To make our basic mermaid, we made little 1cm cuts all around the paper roll about 1/4 of the way from one end. Then we squashed the roll.
2) We painted pink for face and body. And a shiny blue for the body.
3) We let dry. Add googly eyes, face and some shells for the bikini… you could paint shells on too or stick buttons or lids on.
4) Then we got roughly an A4 sheet of black tissue paper (I asked Red Ted what colour he wanted and what material – wool or tissue paper or paper – he chose the black tissue paper). Scrunch it length wise, place across your mermaids head and glue in place, by adding glue down the sides and back. Use some ribbons to bring it all together. Then get those sequins out… and ta da:
Or.. take a peak at our Clothes Pins Mermaids:
You may also love our Mermaid Bookmarks (including Printables!)
More Mermaid Craft Ideas here