onEver wondered how to make mermaid things? From DIY Mermaid Decor to DIY Mermaid Costumes? We will try and answer these questions for you today. It is time to have some fun with DIY Mermaid Craft Ideas. Mermaids are like Unicorns in our house. Rather MUCH loved and rather magical, don’t you think? We have already dedicated some time to DIY Unicorn Crafts and I thought it would be nice to bring together all our uber cute Mermaid Crafts for you too! We have a selection of our own Mermaid Crafts, as well as some of our favourite from around the web! I do hope you enjoy them as much as we do too!
Paper Mermaid DIY Crafts
Let’s begin with some Mermaid PAPER Crafts!!! Paper is surprisingly fun and versatile.. and here are just a few paper mermaid DIY Crafts!
- One of our favourite Hug a Book Bookmark designs, thse Mermaid Bookmark Designs can be made from scratch (we show you how) or you can make use of our handy free with printable
- Strictly not a craft, but creative none the less.. check out our Mermaid Colouring Pages! Too lovely
- Fun with Paper Plate Twirlers, these Mermaid Twirlers are simply magical and come complete with mermaid printable for quick and easy making! Love them!! Check out the Paper Plate Mermaid Twirlers today.
- Adorable Rocking Paper Plate Mermaid!
- Or how about some Mermaid Corner Bookmarks. These are easy to make and just SO SO SO darling!
- Mini Mermaid Notebook (no glue, no stitching)
- These Paper Bag Mermaids by I Heart Crafty Things fit in both the Paper Mermaid DIY section and the Recycled Mermaid Craft section.. but either way, I think they are simply darling
- More fun with printables.. make these easy peasy Mermaid Tales an original craft by Hattifant
- And what would a DIY Mermaid round up be with out a lovely Origami For Kids Idea? Here is a great Origami Mermaid by Prink Stripey Socks. Just the cutest!
- Have you seen these CHANGING mermaids? Mermaid one minute.. party frocks for the ball next. They come as a complete magical mermaid bundle by Hattifant. Just gorgeous!
- And adore the simplicity yet effectiveness of this Mermaid For Preschooler Collage! How fun. Read all about it on No Time for Flashcards!
Recycled Mermaid Crafts
We love creating the best out of waste… there are so many fabulous craft materials that are completely free.. and you can make the most wonderful Recycled Mermaid DIYs from them too!
- You simply HAVE to see this Mermaid Egg Diorama – upcycle egg shells and shoe boxes, for this fabulously cute Mermaid Display
- Broken Dolls? Dispair not.. take some moldable glue and turn them into mermaids.. these recycled doll mermaids have been a favourite at bath time for weeks!
- Or how about some fun with old Kitchen Towel Tubes.. my kids are constantly amazed by how many different things you can make from paper rolls. Today’s DIY Mermaids? Paper Roll Mermaid Craft
Other Mermaid DIY Ideas
And here are all the other Mermaid Crafts.. that I wasn’t quite sure how to group!! Teehee…. some are “yarn mermaids” or “crochet mermaids”, others are sewing mermaids.. anywya, I think you will like them!
- Many Moons ago, the kids and I made about feels like about 100 of these Wooden Peg Mermaid Dolls – oh how we loved to make these?
- Most adorable Mermaid Crochet pattern ever!
- I think these Wooden Spoon Mermaids would get on VERY well with our Fashion Dolls! I must introduce them. More info from I Heart Crafty Things!
- Check out this cutest of cute Little Mermaid Felt Doll? What a lovely make – includes free pattern!
- How super cute are these Matchbox Mini Doll via Fun Crafts Kids ? A great little craft project for kids!
- And as we LOVE Bookmarks… we do rather adore this creative bookmark design – a crochet mermaid bookmar by Cut Out & Keep. Nevermind cut and keep!! Crochet this!!!
- Fun with Mermaid Slime – check out Best Ideas for Kids for full info!
- As we know crochet mermaid blankets are all the rage! You do usually have to buy the pattern, this is one from Etsy is one of my favourites! (Affiliate links)
DIY Mermaid Costumes!
Finally.. if you need some Mermaid Costumes, Mermaid Dress Up.. or simply some mermaid accessory ideas.. I think these should be “just the thing”. Enjoy.
- Cute and easy Mermaid Costume for Kids by Me Sew Crazy
- Or try this DIY No Sew Memarid Costume by Mama Pappa Bubba
- And again by Mama Pappa Bubba – the cutest Mermaid Shell Necklace. ADORE this!
- Simply stunning DIY Mermaid Tiara! How very pretty! Wouldn’t it be great to make one out of your own sea shell finds? More on Creative Green Living!
- Beautiful Mermaid Tail pendants. I want some! More over on Quiet Lion Creations!
- Adorable Mermaid Necklace (perfect for kids to make) – can you guess what the shells are made from? So clever – check out Creating Creatives!
If you loved our mermaids.. I think you would RATHER love our Unicorn Craft Ideas too: