If you are looking for a cool 5 minute craft for Halloween or The Day of The Dead, then this post is the thing you have been looking for. These Sugar Skull Luminaries are ridiculously quick and easy to make… you will wonder why you hadn’t thought of them soon. I have created 3 different sets – a black and white set you can colour and some “coloured background” luminaries for you to print stick and enjoy. They make super cool last minute Halloween Decor/ Decor for Day of the Dead. Enjoy!!! Lots more fantastic free Halloween Printables here, as well as a wonderful set of Day of the Dead Crafts for Kids here.
Day of the Dead Luminaries – Materials
- A paper and printer (though you can apply the same principle and draw your own)
- A little tape or glue stick
- Electric tea lights (stock up on these here – US/ UK (affiliate links) but the tea lights in bulk and make these CUTE Snowman Ornaments too!)
- Your Day of the Dead Printables (these can be used as Sugar Skulls Colouring sheets too of course)
YOU CAN use REAL candles if you wish, but you will HAVE to tape your paper sugar skull designs onto an old mason jar first for safety.
How to make Day of the Dead Luminaries
I am sorry, I am not even sure, I should write these instructions.. because really.. tehse are beyond easy:
- Print your printables (choose the set you like best, or make all!)
- Cut out each separate luminary (there are 3 per page)
- Add a little tape to one end, curl up and tape
- Pop an electric tealight inside. YOU ARE DONE.
This will take you less than 5 minutes to make.. unless you decide you colour in your Day of the Dead printables first (which also looks great!! But it is totally up to you).
More Day of the Dead ideas here:
More Halloween Printables here: