Awesome Pirate Finger Puppets
Awesome Pirate Finger Puppets. Arrrr Mateys!! Are you ready for some pirate fun? These pirate finger puppets are simple to create and provide hours of fun pretend play at home, at school or even at summer camp (a lovely summer craft for preschoolers for sure!). They are a perfect addition to our pirate crafts and pirate play ideas for you to check out too! Make several different pirate puppets and have fun putting on a puppet show for your family or for a few of your friends with your best pirate voice. These adorable pirate puppets are great for a summer craft or as a compliment to a pirate themed unit.
First shared in August 2017
How to Make Pirate Finger Puppets
Supplies needed for Pirate Finger Puppets:
- blue, black, white and tan cardstock
- yarn for hair
- small googly eyes
- white chalk marker
- 3/4″ circle hole punch
Pirate Finger Puppets Instructions:
- To make your pirate finger puppets you’ll need to cut out a few circles, one tan circle about 2 1/2-inches in diameter, one white circle about 3 1/2-inches in diameter and one blue circle about 3 1/2-inches in diameter. Cut the blue circle in half as you’ll only need half.
- You will also need to cut out two arms from white cardstock, two hands from tan cardstock and a black pirate hat.
- Now it’s time to assemble your pirate finger puppet. Glue the blue half circle at the bottom of your white circle. Then use your 3/4-inch circle punch to punch two holes at the bottom of your puppet.
- Use your markers to draw stripes on your pirate shirt and your two shirt arms.
- Glue your pirate face, pirate hat, arms and hands onto your pirate puppet.
- Glue googly eyes on your pirate face and use your markers to draw facial features like a nose, mouth and beard stubble.
- Glue small sections of yarn hair underneath your pirate hat. Now finish your pirate finger puppets by drawing a skull and bones in the center of your pirate hat. We gave one of our pirate puppets a metal arm hook. Have fun personalizing and giving your pirate puppets unique personalities.
It’s time for some pirate finger puppets fun!
To play with your puppets place two of your fingers inside the two holes in the pirate pants. Your fingers become pirate legs. Now you can walk and dance your pirates around for some piratey fun!
Did you love these pirate puppets? If so you’ll love our unicorn finger puppets or these cute duck finger puppets too.
Lots more wonderful Pirate Crafts for you here, including our DIY Pirate Cork Boats and easy cardboard pirate ship!
Why not also check out our fabulous PAPER TOYS? So many great play ideas here!