Rainbow Cookie Gift Jar DIY – Shopkins Kooky Inspired
Yes, it is time for another collaboration with my friend Carly Toffle – a fabulous and fun BAKER! This time, we get together to create a super cute Rainbow Cookie Gift Jar DIY. We love DIY Gift Box ideas. This Gift Jar idea is inspired by Kawaii and the Shopkins Kooky character. Soooo cute and simple, but utterly adorable. Don’t you think? Before you do **anything** You must check out this super duper EASY method for removing stick labels from a glass jar!!! Natural, genius and easy!
I think these gift jars would make a GREAT PTA fundraising idea – either at the Christmas or Summer fairs. They also make an adorable gift to a friend! Here we have more gift ideas kids can make and sell…
Rainbow Cookie Jar – Materials:
- an empty jar – a large one is better!
- coloured paper
- white paper and pens
- ribbon and card for gift tag
- PVA glue or decoupage glue
Rainbow Cookie Jar – How To:
Now check out the lovely Carly’s Rainbow Cookie Recipe and video:
You can get a written version of Carly’s cookie recipe here too!
For the Rainbow Cookies you will need:
- 115g/4oz/½ cup unsalted butter
- 85g/3oz/½ cup caster sugar
- 90g/3oz/? cup soft brown sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 250g/8?oz/2¼ cups plain flour
- ¾ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (e.g. US/ UK)
- 1 cup white chocolate
- Wilton Candy Colour Green/Pink/Purple/Black (e.g. US/ UK)
- Wilton Candy Colour Yellow/Orange/Red/Blue (e.g. US/ UK)
- White Candy melts (e.g. US/ UK)
(affiliate links added for convenience)
Don’t they look fabulous? Such a fun DIY and recipe idea to give to friends. Yummy!
Don’t forget to subscribe to both Red Ted Art and Carly Toffle on YouTube – it is completely free!!! And we have regular makes and bakes to keep you busy all year round!
Check out both our DIY Gift Box Ideas and Gift Ideas for Kids to make for more inspiration: