Have you ever had a glass jar or mason jar that you have wanted to re-use for either crafting or for pickling and then you can’t get the old label off? It is SO FRUSTRATING, isn’t it? Anyway, if you want to know how to remove sticky labels from glass jars then stick with us! I am here to help and after years of crafting and recycling, I have the perfect little sticky label solution for you!!!!
This sticky label removal how to – forms part of my CRAFT BASICS series (craft basics Youtube/ craft basics website) and is designed to give you, will the basic “tool kit” to do a wide range of projects. I find that over the years, I have shared many of these tips and tricks – but “buried deeply within the website” – meaning that you only occasionally and coincidentally stumble across them. Time to bring them out and share them with everyone!! We recently used this technique with our Rainbow Cookie Jar Gift Set!
How to Remove Sticky Labels from Glass Jars – materials:
- The jar
- Some baking soda (not baking powder)
- Oil – any oil!
So here it goes…
How to Remove Sticky Labels from Glass Jars
1) I start by washing the jar in the dishwasher and getting the “main label off” – often this is enough and the jar comes out smoothly… but not always
2) If the jar still has a residue, mix 1 part baking soda with 1 part oil
3) Smear it onto your sticky surface
4) leave for 10-15min
5) Then use a scrubbing brush and under warm water it will usually come off! Ta-da!!!!
Watch the video to see it in action!
Happy crafting!!!!! Hope this “How to Remove Sticky Labels from Glass Jars” was useful!!
Don’t forget….. to take a peak at these Mason Jar Crafts for you to explore here: