We actually made this Easy Shamrock Charm Craft a year or so ago – at the same time, I was making all my Polymer Clay rings (you may remember the 4th Jewelry Ring???).. working with Polymer Clay is a great for slightly older kids and there lots of fun and easy jewelry projects you can make from FIMO. Gorgeous Good Luck Charms to make yourself. These are super quick and easy Polymer Clay Shamrock Pendants to wear on St Patrick’s Day. Or to make for as a BFF gift on St Patrick’s Day. It is a great addition to our other mostly Paper St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Kids on Red Ted Art. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Shamrock Charm Craft – Materials
Affiliate links added for convenience. Should you choose to purchase via these links I will earn a small comission towards the upkeep of this site)
- Green polymer clay (like FIMO – we used this FIMO polymer clay – I used this multi colour set US/ UK)
- Acrylic paint
- A charm hook & necklace (such as these hooks US/ UK)
- Varnish for polymer clay
How to make your DIY Shamrock Charm for St Patrick’s Day
We have a fabulous and quick to wtach DIY Shamrock Charm video for you to check out.. as well as how to make a Shamrock charm step by step instructions below!
How to make a Shamrock charm step by step instructions
- Make sure your polymer clay is nice and soft by molding it between your fingers to soften it.
- Begin your DIY Shamrock Charm by making 3 equal sized green balls – about twice the size of peas.
- Flatten one ball – pinch the bottom into a triangluar corner and with a toothpick turn in the top to make the centre pit of a heart.
- Make three of these green shamrock hearts.
- Gently squeeze these 3 hearts together into a shamrock shape.
- Now make a little green polymer clay stem for your Shamrock Charm and again gently connect.
- Smooth down your 4 pieces to make them look like one piece of polymer clay.
- Insert your charm hook.
BAKE IN THE OVEN for 30min at 110 C or 225 F
- Once fully cooled, use a toothpick to add Kawaii features – black eyes and mouth, pink cheeks and once the black has dried, white little highlights in the eyes.
- Once fully dried varnish with a polymer clay friendly varnish.
- Add a jump ring.
- Your DIY Shamrock Charms are finished!
More fabulous St Patrick’s Day Crafts here.. including
Arty Paper Quilled Shamrock Cards/ Art
Fabulous 3d Paper Shamrock Decorations
Cute and easy Shamrock Corner Bookmarks (so kawaii!!)
And adorable Rainbow Corner Bookmarks (also kawaii!)
Full St Patrick’s Day Crafts List here: