We in that kind of 5 minute crafts mood… quick and fun crafts you can do with the kids, that will result (hopefully) in hours of play. Here are some simple Tin Can Drums you can make with or for the kids! The perfect little Musical Instrument Craft for kids!
NOTE: Please never leave young children unattended with this tin can music craft. Some people are concerned about the dangers of balloons, others about the sharpness of the inside of the tin and others again, about the thing we added to make the tins SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. So. Please take care!
Don’t they look FUN!?
Tin Can Drums Materials:
- a can per drum
- a balloon per drum
- elastic band
- something to make a shaker sound – e.g. rice, chickpeas, little stones
- scissors & drum sticks of sorts (we used chop sticks)
Tin Can Drums Steps:
2) Cut the end off your balloon.
3) Stretch your balloon over the tin can and secure in place with an elastic band. Ta da!!!
4) You tin can drum is FINISHED!! Yay! We did find that vigorous tin can drumming broke one of the balloons. But that is ok.. whip it off and add another. Quickly done.
Now have a listen to our Tin Can Drums:
After more Music Craft Ideas? Take a look at this fun and popular Music Craft Posts!
As mentioned above, this tin can craft has a great sound and is LOTS of fun to play with – but please keep young children supervised!