Toilet Roll Reindeer Rudolph
Time for some Christmas Toilet Paper Rolls and our oh so cute Toilet Prll Reindeer Rudolph DIY.
The Christmas season is a special time of year – it is a time to create traditions and make memories. There are special stories, delicious food and time to get crafty! We have so many Christmas Crafts for you here on Red Ted Art, that I do hope you find the time to browse them, follow them or be inspired and make them special to you and the children you are crafting with.
Here is a little “blast from the past”… I created this Toilet Roll Reindeer, goodness, three years ago for The Guardian online and it has taken me this long to share this Loo Roll craft with you too! You can tell how my “images” look a bit dated…. and the kids are missing, as The Guardian didn’t want as many photos for their article!
I particularly like this one, as you can combine it with a stick hunt in the park or while out for a walk! It is a cute reindeer – more for decoration than for playing with… but it does like being loved!
For a Toilet Roll Reindeer you will need:
- Two loo rolls or one kitchen towel roll,
- enough straight-ish sticks for four legs,
- one shorter neck and two forked sticks for antlers,
- paint (brown and white),
- googly eyes and
- red fluffy nose.
How to make your Toilet Roll Reindeer:
1. Paint the paper rolls brown. My three-year-old got enthusiastic and painted the inside too. This isn’t strictly necessary. Leave to dry.
2. Add a white tummy (optional) and leave to dry again.
3. Cut down the roll for the head. It should be about two-thirds the length of the body.
4. Cut some holes for the sticks and poke the sticks through. (Four on underside for legs, one top for neck. On head piece: two on top for antlers and one underneath for neck) I found it helpful if the sticks “Go all the way in”. That way they don’t move about so much. I also added lots of PVA glue to help keep them in place.
5. Glue on googly eyes and nose.
Fancy some more Christmassy TP Roll Crafts? Take a look at these: