Our playdate was cancelled, so me made some Yoghurt Muffins. This is a GREAT recipe for young children, as they can help you measure and pour and stir.
Yoghurt Pot Muffins – Ingredients
Use your yoghurt pot as your measuring device!
- 1 pot of yoghurt (any flavour)**
- 3/4 pot sunflower oil
- 1 pot caster sugar
- 3 pots self raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 pot frozen fruit
**PS although the exact quantity in the yoghurt pot doesn’t matter, please not that the average UK pot is 125g… so… should yours be 250g or more, just make sure you amend the rest of the recipe!
Yoghurt Pot Muffins – Method
- Preheat oven to 180C / gas mark 5
2. Basically – mix it all up and put in your muffin cases. I like to add the fruit as we add them to the muffin cases, so not to mush it all up!
3. Bake for approx 15-20min – but keep checking, I take them out when they are golden!
Enjoy them straight away (so good when still warm) or save them as a breakfast muffins, for a picnic or as a lunch box treat!
I originally found this recipe on Mumsnet and have been making it for years now! I love that you can switch out the fruit with whatever you have in the freezer or you can replace with chocolate chips and other tasty bits and pieces.
More Baking with Kids recipes:
As mentioned before, we LOVE baking with kids, and have a number of baking recipes to share with you here:
Hope you find some super tasty inspiration!
We also love cooking and I am slowly teaching the kids to cook! Check out our delicious Curried Carrot Soup!