Last Minute Crayon Eggs Easter Craft - Red Ted Art's Blog

Last Minute Crayon Eggs Easter Craft

| April 18, 2011 | 25 Comments

Egg Decorating Ideas for Toddlers

Egg Decorating Ideas - Hot Crayons

Egg Decorating Ideas - Hot Crayons

We had a go at melting crayons on hot hard boiled eggs at the weekend. It is a craft I have been wanting to try for a while and have seen floating around the web a fair amount!

It was fun. Looked fab. But there is definitely a knack to it! And some crayons worked better than others! We found it worked best, if you did “draw”, but if you rested the crayon and let it melt…

Want more ideas? 10 Egg Decorating Ideas:

10 delightful Easter Egg Decorating ideas from Red Ted Art

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: Easter, Kids Craft, Recycling

1. jfb57 says:

Great fun from the looks of it!

2. Wow: they look fab. I’ve seen these but need to get the girls to eat eggs first!

Mine don’t eat eggs either… but to me at least one or two hard boiled eggs are a MUST at Easter! Even if I end up eating them all ;-)

4. These look fun!! All these easter eggs makes me wish I could eat eggs ;) These are soooo tempting that we have decided to try them and send them over to putti’s preschool kids:-)

5. maryanne says:

Very cool! We’ve also enjoyed rolling hot eggs in grated crayon shavings (push them around with a fork or spoon to avoid burns) here:

And then dyed them afterwards here:

Ooh Maryanne, that sounds great too.. will come and take a look now!

7. Amy says:

Oooh, I saw this in Family Fun’s last issue and was curious whether it would actually work or not…I can imagine that like you said, it’s better if you let the crayon sit there awhile. We’re dyeing eggs Thursday…may try a few this way!

8. Looks like fun to watch the crayon melt – I’ve heard that Crayola crayons are the way to go. Is that what you found out too?

I’m featuring this on my 2 dozen ideas and techniques to dye Easter Eggs today!

Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

Jamie – thank you for featuring them :-))))) as to the crayon Question. I think ours were all the same (random) make. It was more a “colour” thing. I have noticed that with paints: different colours apply differently – must be a chemical make up thingy! So it is trial an error!

10. jenny says:

What a fabulous idea! I’m going to try this with my boys tomorrow.

11. Oh this is cool! :) Wanna try this! :)

12. They look great- better than the ones pictured in Family Fun!

Oh my! Now that is a compliment if ever I saw one… will have to head over to Family Fun and take a look :-)

13. kathryn says:

I just did a crayon melting craft but I wish I would have seen this! that’s so cool. I LOVE IT.

new follower!
    kathryn

14. mummiafelice says:

As we said the other day, such a great idea, and perfect for using up all the broken bits of crayon!

Oh Kathryn you are lovely! Thanks for the kind comment and so pleased you like the blog!! Hope to see you again soon :-)

Maggy

16. Oh I’d forgotten about this! I did it with the biggies years ago, thanks so much for the reminder!! :-D BRILLIANT!

Yay! Glad to be of service! :-)

18. Archiving this one for next year, maybe when the boys can follow directions better.

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back again this week!

19. Bugs says:

Looks like fun!

20. Cara says:

Cool project! Where did you get the awesome egg holders?