As we enjoyed our Fairy Tale Crafts video so much, we thought we would get together and do a Nursery Rhyme Crafts and Activities video too! By nursery rhymes, I mean poems and songs – basically any poems or songs that make your childhood special. The children had a great time exploring Nursery Rhymes through crafts and are always asking me now whether we could make something to go with “Jack and Jill” or with 5 Monkeys on a Bed… I can see this Nursery Rhyme theme continuing for some time!
This week, I have a DIFFERENT set of crafts joining us with their nursery rhymes, they are all fabulous and it is great to have these wonderful guests.
So. Nursery Rhymes Video:
Nursery Rhymes Crafts and Activities Links:
Red Ted Art
1) Humpty Dumpty – Humpty Dumpty Easter Eggs (37 sec)
2) 5 Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day – Stone Ducks (1min 20)
3) Incy Wincer Spider – Incy Wincy Paper Craft for Nursery Children (1min 55)
4) The Owl and The Pussycat – Upcycled Glove Toys (simple sewing project) (2min 45sec)
5) 3 Blind Mice/ Hickory Dickory Dock – Walnut Mice (3min 35sec)
6) Additional: Sing a Rainbow Cookies – Rainbow cookies (not on video)
Rainy Day Mum
7) 5 Little Speckled Forgs – Egg Carton Frogs and Kitchen Towel Roll Log (4min)
8) The Wheels on The Bus – simple, but delicious pastries for preschoolers (4min 35sec)
My Little 3 and Me
9) Incy Wincy Spider – Loo Roll Craft & Spout (5min)
10) Incy Wincy Spider – Climbing Paper Plate Spider (5min 30 – watch the video, seriously cute!)
11) Mary mary, quite contrary – Growing Flower Pots (6min 45sec)
12) 5 Little Speckled Frogs – Cootie Catcher Frog Puppets + Magnet Game (watch the video 8min)
13) 5 Current Buns - Recycled Tights Craft (9min)
14) Additional: Sing a Rainbow - Rainbow Sensory Play Bottles
Me and My Shadow
15) 3 Blind Mice or Hickory Dickory Dock - felt Mice (beginners sewing project) (9min 50sec)
16) In and Out the Dusty Bluebells – Bluebell Shakers made whilst out in the woods (10min 20sec)
Here Come the Girls
17) Humpty Dumpty – Egg Shell Collage (11min 20sec)
All wonderful crafts.. and here are some…
More Nursery Rhyme Activities from around the web:
18) Have a nursery rhyme party – here is a great set of ideas from Twinkle Twinkle to Wheels on the Bus to Little Miss Muffet.
19) 5 Speckled Frogs – Small World Play
20) More Itsy Bitsy Spider activities!
21) Crayon resist Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Art
22) Mary Had a Little Lamb or Baa Baa Black Sheep – Yarn Wrap Sheep
23) Itsy Bitsy Spider Finger Puppet
26) An active Jack Be Nimble Craft!
30) Hey Diddle Diddle – Simple Paper Plate & Spoon Craft
40) And a final one (from etsy… but you can work out how to make it?)
And that brings me to the end of this Nursery Rhyme Crafts Round up!!
I do hope you have found some inspiration!
What nursery rhymes and crafts have I missed out? Please do leave a comment, so I can see if I can find something going forward!