As you may have noticed, we have been sharing some Fairy Tale Crafts on the site recently – they compliment our collection of Nursery Rhyme Crafts too! The perfect crafty activity set for toddlers, kindergarteners and preschoolers!
My kids are JUST at that age, where they love Fairy Tales and can’t get enough of them. They are 6yrs and 4yrs old and I guess their addiction is also fuelled by Fairy Tale Activities at Preschool and School.
So Fairy Tales it…. and when we say Fairy Tale Crafts we don’t JUST mean the fairy tale crafts for the little kiddos (though of course those are particularly popular), but also Fairy Tale crafts for older kids and grown ups (who doesn’t love a little bit of Alice in Wonderland magic?!). Whether you are a fan of brothers Grimm or Hans Christian Andersen, here is something for everyone!
Don’t forget to also check out the 40 Nursery Song Craft ideas!
Disney Princess Crafts
To begin with, we have two set so fabulous Disney Princess Crafts that you simply HAVE to see:
We love these Princess Paper Dolls – they are perfect as little “fold away” paper doll toys, or look ADORABLE as Christmas Tree Ornaments. I love the two colour your own versions – as you do not need a colour printer for these AND you can customises skin tones and hair colours.
Similarly, we have a set of wonderful Disney Princess Corner Bookmarks. I love the Moana one best. Making her flower head dress was so much fun. Once you have checked out my designs and instructions, you may come up with your own designs… e.g. I haven’t yet had a go at Sleeping Beauty – maybe you can design your own?
3 Little Pigs Craft
Let’s start with a favourite fairy tale theme – the 3 litte pigs story!
- The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf – made from TP Rolls and Paper Origami Houses (easy to decorate with straw, sticks and brick drawings)
- This toilet brush (!!!!) Big Bad Wolf is simply fabulous. Love love love! (Not on video)
- Piggy and Wolf Noses. Perfect! (not on video)
Snow White Crafts
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, made from peanut shells… perfect for small world play fun with some homemade fake snow in a little tray. A great way to encourage dramatic play.
- Mirror Mirror on the Wall, by Kids Chaos – make your own beautiful mirror frame – from newspaper!
- An for younger readers, a simpler mirror craft!
And another cute mirror mirror craft
- Fairy Tale Corks made by Preschoolers – super simple, but adorable cork fairy tale characters – from Rapunzel, through to Little Red Riding Hood!
- Or make some Rapunzel Bookmarks (watch the video shared below at 10min 10 sec – the blog relating to this is no longer available)
- Rapunzel Hair Clip Organiser (how clever, how sweet!) – originally by Stayfunnie Mom – but her blog is also now closed down. Here is a similar idea.
Jack & The Beanstalk Crafts
- Jack and the Beanstalk beans, as little party favours by Me and My Shadow (15min 40sec)
- Jack and the Beanstalk from No Time for Flashcards – love the giant beanstalk with little “yous” climbing up it! (not on the video)
- Or make it into a Science activity and grow your own Beans in a Jar. A great biology experiment for kids. (not in the video)
- Jack and the Beanstalk Story Box Craft and Activity from The Imagination Tree (not in the video)
Alice in Wonderland Crafts
- Make your very own Alice in Wonderful Teacup Candles – these would look lovely as “lighting” at an Alice in Wonderland party of wedding theme.
- We have two sets of paper teacups – a free plain teacup template to download grab these adorable patterned teacups here.
- Fun with Alice in Wonderland Playing Card Soldiers.
- Or a LARGE Mad Hatters Hat? Super quick to make out of light card.
The Elves & The Shoe Makers Craft
- Turn Egg Cartons into little Shoes for the elves to complete – a gorgeous idea by Blue Bear Wood… I reckon we should add one of Pip Squeaks Cork Gnomes as an elves and hey presto.. your have your fairy tale craft complete! (9min)
- Golidlocks & The Three Bears Wooden Spoons – a cute story prompt craft! Make this a together project of painting and sticking
- LOVE these Goldilocks and Three Bears Craft Pebbles… so chuffed to have been part of the inspiration!
- And I have always been a great fan of the Betsy McCall Paper Dolls – here is a Betsy McCall Goldilocks cut out!
- As mentioned at the beginning we have a whole set of Disney Princess Paper Dolls, including of course a Cinderella Paper Doll version!
- Cinderella Pumpkin Carriage – I have loved this carriage for aaaaages now. SO CUTE! (This blog is now “invite only”, but hopefully the image will still serve as inspiration!
- The Missing Slipper Party game
Three Billy Goats Gruff – STEM Activity
The fabulous Science Sparks has a great raft making activity for Three Billy Goats Gruff! A great craft and science fun activity in one!
Little Mermaid Craft
Actually, I have a whole set of wonderful Mermaid Crafts for you to browse and choose from.. but here is a very brief selection!
- Gorgeous Paper Plate Mermaid collage from Blue Bear Wood
- Cardboard Tube Mermaid Craft
- Mermaid Clothespegs
- Two versions of Mermaid Jars: the first is a lovely Mermaid Jar Lantern, the other is more of a Mermaid in a Jar Mini Aquarium Craft
- Fun with Mermaid Twirlers – these paper plate mermaids come with a free mermaid printable, making these super easy for you to make!
The Frog Prince
- Make your self some Origami Frogs (that jump!)! Add a little gold crown and instantly you have a Frog Prince craft. Similarly, you could make this TP Roll Frog and add a little crown to finish him off!
- Kiss the Frog Bean Bag Toss – the original blog post still references this activity, but the image is gone. No idea why! Ha. But I love the idea of a froggy bean bag toss, so shall leave the inspiration for you!
- The Frog Prince Rock Buddy – another inspiration that is for some reason no longer available – a the original creator Ziggity Zoom is still there. But paint yourself a green rock, make some corwn and frog leg cuts out, stick together with some goggly eyes and you have yourself one cute froggy!
- Frog Prince Paper Plate Craft – phew! Full blogppost on this story time and craft activity still there.
Little Red Riding Hood Craft
The classic fairy tales fun continues with some little Red Riding Hood Crafts and this lovely Fairy Tale Preschool theme of Little Red Ridinghood!
- Dress up your little girl with a Little Red Riding Hood – super easy cape
- Little Red Riding Hood story box from The Imagination Tree
- Check out our Cork People made by Preschoolers again for little Red Riding Hood, the grandmother and the Wolf! I have no doubt, that my preschooler made the corks, after I made this toilet paper roll story set for her! I love the little red cap on red riding hood. So cute.
Princess & The Pea Craft
Next in our collections of fairy tales we have the Princess and the Pea!
- Princess and the Pea Craft… I saw a board game like this recently….. and sooo wanted to make one and then I found this craft. ADORABLE!
- Love the simplicity of this Princess & The Pea MATCHBOX craft..
- Deep Space Sparkle has a fabuluos Princess & The Pea art project, complete with lesson plan!
The Nutcracker Crafts
As with our mermaid craft collection, we also have a Nutcracker Craft collection for you to check out. But here is a highlight:
- Follow the step by step instructions to paint a Pringles Can and turn it into a Nutcracker Gift Box!
- We do love to upcycle.. if the Pringles Can Nutcracker above is a bit to much painting for you.. why not make this simpler Toilet Paper Roll Nutcracker and friends set? The perfect Story Telling Prop for Nutcracker Ballet fans! Find the TP Roll Mouse King here.
- We love making Corner Bookmarks on Red Ted Art, as you well know!! And I think that this Ballerina Corner Bookmark would be perfect as the a Sugar Plum Fairy Craft!
Princess Crafts – Crowns and Fairy Wands
- Lace Princess Crown
- TP Roll Roll Princess Crowns – a quick and easy paper roll craft. They are great for dramatic play, but also for making at wearing as party hats at a Fairy Tale themed party!
- TP Roll Kings & Queens – you know how we love our paper roll crafts! These Toilet Paper Roll queens and kings are fun and easy to make!
- Melty Bead Fairy Wand from The Artful Parent
- More Fairy Wands (from Cereal Boxes)
Popsicle Stick Fairy Tale Puppets
Here is a “generic” idea that you can use for ANY of your favourite fairy tale characters – but we used them for Frozen characters. Make some popsicle sticks puppets – simply find some images of your favourite fairy tale character, print them off, get your little ones to cut them out (great cutting skills practice) and stick them pn a craft stick! Job done! Here are our frozen puppets as a reference.
Fairy Tale Castle Crafts
Finally.. some castles to go with most of your fairy tales!
They are actually made with Toilet Paper Rolls – but are all different:
- Fairy Tale Castle made by my sone at Primary School
- And ICE Castle for Frozen fans – this would also be a great one for Snow Queen fans
- And a TP Roll Castle Desk Tidy! So cute.
Do let me know if the are more grimms fairy tales you would like me to explore. Maybe I need to work on Sinbad or some Arabian Nights next? Leave me a comment so I know what to focus on! I know Hansel and Gretel are missing.. and I will be looking at these next (though these Gingerbread House Cards are a good start!).
Loved these Fairy Tale Crafts and Activities for Kids? Want more ideas….? How about these marvellous DRAGON CRAFTS perfect for Knights, Castles, Maidens and well.. dragons!
See all our Mermaid Crafts here:
And one subject we “neglected” so far.. how about some PIRATE Crafts: