Garden Crafts Challenge DIY
This post has now been updated. A little while ago, we challenged you to create some wonderful Garden Crafts. You came. You saw the Garden Craft challenge. You got crafty!! And I love all the garden craft ideas you came up with. As part of the challenge, over 65 Garden Craft ideas were shared – from mobiles, to plant pots, to fairy houses. And I picked my favourite here. Check out the rest of the wonderful crafts below!! Congratulations on the “winners”. I hope you are inspired to create your own wonderful DIY Garden Crafts this Spring and Summer!! Garden Crafts are a fun way to take your crafting outdoors – with or without the kids!!
Clockwise: Fairy Garden Stump by The Magic Onions, Garden Apron by Hellies Corner , Nature Loom by Babble Dabble Do, Nature Mandalas by Twig and Toadstool, Wildlife Hedge by se7en, Music Man by Let’s Play Music, Toadstool by Twig and Toadstool, Stone Plant Markers by Rainy Day Mum
DIY Garden Craft Ideas
Garden Crafts For Grown Ups
We have a hole post dedicated to TIRE DIYs for the Garden, that I really think you would enjoy and should check out.. but in the meantime:
- Recycled Cutlery Windchimes
- How to sew a Gardening Apron By Satori Design
- And another Garden Apron by Hellies Corner
- Adore these Clay Pot Lighthouses. So fun. See Mimi Rose Creative Design for more info!
- Fun plant pot mushrooms by Birds and Blooms
- Gorgeous “Tower of pots” bird bath and planter by Home Stories at Oz
- Adorable golf ball lady birds by Art Drops
- Fantastic Chandelier Plant Pots by DIY Show Off
- Watering Can Pouring Crystals by Crafts by Amanda
Garden Crafts to make for the Kids
Here are some ideas for making the garden a su per fun space to play in! Make these DIY Garden Crafts FOR and WITH your kids!
- Tree Stump Fairy Garden by The Magic Onions
- Music Man by Let’s Play Music
- Make a Tin Can Man with the kids by Thirfty Fun
- DIY Toad Stool Charis by Twig and Toadstools
- How to make a nesting box by Rainy Day Mum
- DIY Fairy Garden Table (oh everyone needs one!) by Inner Child Fun
- DIY Garden Stepping Stones by Megan Zeni
- Rock Fairy Houses by Thinly Spread
- DIY Mud Kitchen by Grillo Designs
Garden Crafts With the Kids
Bird Feeder Crafts for the Garden
- Pinecone Bird Feeders
- How to make Bird Cake
- Milk Carton Owl Bird Feeder (More wonderful Bird Feeder Crafts here!)
- Cookie Cutter Bird Seed Cakes by Kitchen Counter Chronicle
Easy Windchimes and Ornaments for the Garden
Time to DECORATE the garden with the kids. Here are some wonderful Garden Ornaments and Garden Windchimes for Kids to make!! Personally.. we love the colourful beads and shells best!!! And years later these still hang in our garden.
- Easy Shell Windchimes for kids to make!
- Recycled Cutlery Windchimes
- Easy Beaded Ornaments for kids to make by Rainy Day Mum
- Melted Beads Star Windchimes by Stay At Home Life
- Easy Tin Can Wind Chimes for Kids by Hands on as we grow
- Easy Flower Pot Windchimes by Thimble and Twig
- Recycled Key Windchime by Inner Child Fun
Fun Planter Marker Crafts
A great way to get kids involved in the garden is to make some gorgeous DIY Plant Markers with them. It is also an opportunity to sneak in some writing practice and learn about different fruit and veg. Here are some lovely ideas!
- Painted Rock Planters for Preschoolers
- LOVE these vegetable and fruit stone markers from a Adventures in a Box!
- Stone Plant Markers by Rainy Day Mum
- Simple STICK Planter Makers by the Homeroad
- Spoon decoupage plant markers by The Magic Onions
- Broken plant pot garden markers by Hardly Housewives
Other garden crafts for kids
- Super duper easy Bug Hotels
- Fairy House Fun – use local materials to make these magical Fairy Houses
- Nature weaving by Babble Dabble Do
- Nature Mandalas by Twig and Toadstool
- Wildlife Hedge by se7en
- Pain Splatter Pots by Our Kids Things
- Adorable Garden Nature Find Treasure box by Simple Parenting
- Arty fun with Nature Paint Brushes by Messy Little Monster
- Garden Rock Caterpillar by Nellie Bellie
Garden Crafts that help Kids Grow Things
- Our favourite ever How to Make Grass Heads, now with Grass Head Lesson Plans
- How to make giant Grass Caterpillars
- Thirfty Seedling pots – get kids growing seedlings but also teach them about recycling and reusing!
- Similarly – how to make newspaper seedling pots!
- How to start a Container Garden DIYs
- How to make seed bombs
- Mini Garden Journals to help kids keep a record of their garden aventures
- Clever DIY Seed Tape from Inner Child Fun
- Similarly this upcycled truck planter is super fun by Teach Me Mommy
- Wellie Planters by Life At The Zoo
- DIY Vegetable Garden for Kids by Thimble and Twig
Hope you enjoyed these DIY Garden Crafts and Ideas and that you are inspired to get crafty!!