As you may have noticed, we have been enjoying making Mother’s Day Cards for Kids, as well as 3D Cards for Kids since starting the Red Ted Art YouTube channel. They are so fun to make and very addictive. With Mother’s Day just around the corner (here in UK!), we thought it was time to add a 3D Card DIY perfect for Mother’s Day – such as this 3D Flower Card DIY!
My kids adore this 3D Flower Pop Up Card and can’t wait to have a go. And it is easier to make than you think and very similar to the Pop Up Snowman Card we did earlier in the year. Flower Crafts are simply perfect for Spring, Birthdays and Mother’s Day!
I also LOVE these 3d Paper Flowers!! Do take a peak!
You may also love our simple Pop Up Daffodil Cards:
Pop Up Flower Card – Materials
- Card stock in A6 (or fold a piece of A5 in half)
- Green paper – though light card a bit better for stability and to avoid wrinkling
- Assorted scraps of coloured paper
- Black pen
- Glue Stick
3D Flower Card DIY – How To:
As per usually we have included a handy 3d Flower Pop Up Cards video on autoplay for you to watch at your leisure, but have also included some written instructions down below!
Flower Pop Up Card – Written instructions
- Begin by cutting your green sheet of A5 paper down a little, so it fits inside your card stock – with a nice rim around the edge.
- Fold in half.
- Cut some slits. Two long ones about half way, two shorter ones about 1/3 of the way, then two long, two short, two long.
- Life these cuts up and create a crease, they will become the stems of your pop up flowers.
- Open you green sheet of paper up and now turn these stems “inside out”.
- Carefully glue your green sheet of paper with the pop up flower stems onto your card stock.
- Now draw simple black flowers on your coloured paper in varying sizes. You can also add bees and ladybirds.
- Cut these all out.
- Carefully stick your paper flowers to your stems. Add paper leaves to your pop up flowers if you wish.
- You can add a little card to the back of the flowers that go on the back of the card, to make them pop a little too.
- Just to finish off your 3D Flower Card for kids – stick some flowers into the outside of your flower card and envelope!!
Just lovely! Hope you enjoyed this 3D Flower Card and that you have a go making it for Mother’s Day or Teacher appreciation day!!!
If you are looking for more flower crafts inspiration – take a peak at these…
And more DIY Cards for Kids to make here –
Some of these Valentines Cards for Kids to Make would be GREAT for Mother’s Day too:
A longer form video is also available on YouTube!