DIY Fabric Heart Bowls for Valentines Day
Gosh, I can’t believe that the 31 Days of Love is ALMOST over. Today is day 30 (!) of the guest posts series and we have the gorgeous Niccola from An Idea on Tuesday sharing these super cute and easy DIY Fabric Bowls with Hearts. They make a great Valentine Decoration but also a lovely Valentines Gift or treat idea. The “fabric” element of this DIY is so fun and cute! Read on.
If you are catching up with the 31 Days of Love series – take a peak at these themed collections of ideas Valentine Craft Ideas for Preschoolers, Valentine Day Treats, Valentines STEAM Activities and Valentine Cards for Kids!
Hi, I’m Niccola from An Idea on Tuesday and I’m so excited to be part of the 31 Days of Love this year for the first time! I am an Early Childhood teacher in Australia and am passionate about sharing my ideas on my blog and Instagram. I thought I would share a cute little heart bowl that is fun to make and would make a perfect gift for a loved one.
DIY Paper Bowl – Here is what you need…
- small bowl to be used as the mould (when I have done this activity at school with my 3 year olds, I used plastic bowls)
- plastic lunch wrap/clingfilm
- tissue paper hearts
- new white sock
- white craft glue/PVA
How to Make a DIY Fabric Bowl with Hearts
- Cover the bowl entirely with plastic lunch wrap, so no glue gets on it
- Pull your sock over the bowl
- Cut a variety of hearts out of tissue paper
- Cover the sock completely with glue
- Place the tissue hearts all over the sock
- Once you have stuck down your hearts, cover the surface with another coat of glue. Each layer of glue ensures a thicker and stronger bowl.
It doesn’t matter if the hearts get a bit wrinkled or cover each other – it will still look sensational!!!!
- Let it dry completely (approximately 1day)
- Cut the sock close to the rim of the bowl
- Use a rounded knife and run it around the bowl to separate the plastic wrap from the bowl
- When it comes loose, peel off the plastic wrap and cut a clean edge around the top
If you liked this idea, please stop by and check out my Instagram page or my blog!
There are also many more wonderful Valentines Decorating Ideas for kids to make here –
Hope you have a go at making these oh so cute DIY Fabric Bowls for Valentines!