Are your kids crazy about Unicorn Pom Poms? Then how about having a go at making your own DIY Unicorn Pom Pom? This Unicorn Pom Pom Craft comes complete with free Unicorn Printable. This a guest post by the amazing Sozo DIY website. They have the cutest craft kits for kids – I ADORE the superhero Pom Pom range, as well as their stylishing embroidery sets – a great way to get kids into this new craft! Seriously, you have to check them out!
They have very kindly created this super duper special Unicorn Pom Pom just for **you** my lovely Red Ted Art readers!! Horray! So excited! I thinkthey would make great Unicorn Pom Pom Keychains for back to school too (maybe laminate the printable instead of sticking it on cardboard). We have many more fantastic Pom Pom Craft ideas for you to browse!
To make your your DIY Unicorn Pom Poms, you will need:
- your free Unicorn Printable (click on the big red button below – it will take you to Sozo DIY’s website.. click on the pom pom image to get the download!)
- paper for the printable (or light card stock if you wish)
- cereal boxes (but you could laminate the pom poms too and turn them into Pom Pom Unicorn Backpack charms?)
- Yarn/ wool in the desired colours
- Coloring pens (optional)
How to make your Unicorn Pom Poms
1. Print the PDF
2. Roughly cut the donut shape and one of the unicorn shapes, and glue them to the cereal cardboard box. Only then, cut the cardboard box to the exact shapes, and also cut the inner circles.
3. Cut the second part of the unicorn design, this time be precise, and mount it on the other side of the cardboard.
4. Place the unicorn on top of the donut shape.
TOP TIP: if you can cut into your donut shap or cut a small wedge into your donut, to help guide the wool through your pom pom – bit like with these Cardboard Disk Pom Poms! Just don’t make the gap as big, as you want your unicorn template to remain securely in place afterwards.
5. Wrap yarn around and through the hole until you can’t get any more yarn through the hole. Skip the head of the unicorn.
6. Hold the unicorn, with your thumb on the center of the hole and cut the yarn between the two pieces of cardboard.
7. Make a small space between the cardboards, slip a piece of yarn between them, and wrap the yarn tightly between the circles. Make a double knot.
8. Take the donuts shape out, and leave the unicorn head shape in place. Do this gently, not to damage the unicorn’s head.
9. Give the Pompom a shake, and a trim if needed.
We have more great Unicorn Crafts here:
And of course TONS more fabulous Pom Pom Crafts here: