Frozen Crafts – Olaf Cork Ornament
Soooo we were making “snowmen” ornaments the other day (check out our Rainbow Snowmen Ornaments here and lots more DIY Ornaments to browse too)… and had JUST finished them all off… when I suddenly thought.. hey… I want to build a snooooowoman…..! In which case we NEED and Olaf Snowman Ornament too.. and hey presto, 10 minutes (or so) later, I had whipped up this little Frozen craft for you (actually, I tell a lie, if you include 10minutes for the paint to dry, we are looking at about a 20-25min craft!!). What do you think? Do you like our Champagne Cork turned Olaf Craft?! Super easy to do and lots of fun! My kids ADORE him.
Love Ornaments? Check out our new Christmas Ornament Book. 30 of our favourite ornaments brought together in one place. Sorted by age. Each craft is shared on one page – making the perfect worksheet print outs. Lovely to have them all in one place too!
Get yours today and keep it forever!
Frozen Olaf Craft Materials:
- Champagne Corks (or prosecco!!)
- White acrylic paint
- Pipe cleaners – I had very thin “mini” pipecleaners in black and brown, but you could use real twigs or card board cut out if you don’t have any?
- Black and orange pens
How to make your Olaf Cork Ornament:
1) Paint your corks white.
2) I used a wire cutter, with a pointy end to make a hole in the top of the cork – use scissors or a sharp knife instead. But handle with care!
3) Cut 3 black pieces of your pipe cleaner (I did 2 first, but added a third later as I thought it looked better)
4) Make your Olaf craft arms – cut a longish brown bit, then a shorter brown bit of pipe cleaner and wrap it around the longer one – to make a 3 fingered hand. Again, make a hole with your sharp implement and popp them in. I think I could have made our Olfa’s arms a little smaller… also, for longevity, you can add a bit of PVA glue to keep them in place.
5) Finally draw your “Olaf” features… you need the big eyes, eye brows and open mouth grin. Practice on a piece of paper first if you are nervous.. or paint over it with white and try again!
And now you Olaf Craft is FINISHED. Woohoo!
Check out our free Frozen Printable, perfect for simple craft stick puppets or story stones: