Homemade Dog Biscuit Recipe
Today we have a lovely lovely Dog DIY for you! I have been wanting to share these DIY Dog Biscuit Recipe with you SINCE CHRISTMAS!! Yes, it has taken me THAT long to finally sorting the how to and video for you. We love spoiling our pets (and have a lovely Cat Toy DIYs for you and an upcycled Cat Toy here). We don’t actually have a dog ourselves.. but I grew up with dogs and LOVE them AND the kids’ aunty and uncle have a lovely dog that we like to make things for. So these homemade Dog Biscuit Recipe is for her!! And we can’t wait to give her her treats. Now there are MANY Dog Treat biscuits out there. THIS, is the simplest and most straight forward of them all.. and you should be able to make them straight away. You can adapt it to had a handful of cheese of crunchy bacon bits or a couple of spoonsful of peanut butter (add more flour if it gets sticky), but I like that it is plain and simple and not UNhealthy.. I worry that some of the peanut butter recipes have too much sugar and salt in them… but I am not dog nutrition expert ha. Can I also add.. tat rather oddly my son eats these too….
Dog DIY: Homemade Dog Biscuit Recipe:
- 2-3 cups plain flour (you can use whole wheat if you wish)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium egg
- 1 soup stock cube + gravy granuals (you can use chicken or beef broth instead if you have it)
- ½ cup hot water
Cookie cutters (optional) .. we used some bone shaped ones and some heart ones tat you can write on. You can get them here if you are interested (affiliate links):
Bone Cookie Cutters US Readers
Bone Cookie Cutters UK readers
Worded Cookie Cutters US readers
Worded Cookie Cutters UK readers
DIY Dog Biscuit Recipe How To:
We hope that this Dog DIY video is helpful and shows you how very easy it is to make these “scrummy” Dog Biscuits. Enjoy!! Feedback always welcomed!
Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Dissolve your stock and gravy granuals in the hot water
- Add ALL of the rest of the ingredients (start with 2 cups of flour) and mix well.
- If need be add a little more flour to make a smooth non sticky dough
- Roll out to approximately 1/2 cm and cut out your shapes.
- Place on a lined baking tray
- Bake for 20-30min (or until golden, smaller cookie will bake faster!)
Hope you enjoyed the video!! And see you here on Red Ted Art again soon. Now go off and make your own Dog Treats!!!