We recently had International Women’s Day and a #BeBoldforChange campaign…. and my friend Hattifant and I decided to join in and make some wonderful empowering and mindful printables for kids – helping them create mindful and positive change in their lives regardless of gender. We came up with a Mindful Journal, Empowering Bookmarks and Thoughtful Neverending Cards. I think they would be great as part of an anti bullying campaign at school too, or to fill some inbetween time between lessons – print your printables, create your journals, bookmarks and cards and when you have a little down time, or the kids have finished with some school work, they can use the spare time to colour these in and think about their lives and relationships with friends, family and classmates.
I hope you love the bold, contemporary designs and simple messages as much as we do!!!!!
The journals we have made are SUPER easy to make and inexpensive, making this great DIY for the classroom or at home. The kids will love this easy how to make a journal tutorial and it can be applied to any design and interest. Making this a fabulous and very customisable journal for kids.
Easy Journal How To – materials:
- Card stock in plain colours for the cover and back of your journal. You can upcycle cereal packets too
- Plain paper for the pages inside
- Coloured paper if you want to make your journal pages more “poppy” and creative
- Your printables (Mindful JOURNAL Printable) – remember to print them TWO SHEETS per page to get them in that lovely A5 format
- Colouring pens
- Ribbon, leather thread or book binding jump rings
- Hole punch
- Scissors, glue stick
I would also add some of these fantastic Mindfulness Quotes to your journal. Wouldn’t that be special?
—–> Mindful JOURNAL Printable <—–
Easy Mindful Bookmarks – materials:
- Printables (Mindful BOOKMARK Printable) – again, print two sides per page, to get the correct format
- Scissors, pens and glue
- Card stock
- Hole punch and ribbons (optional)
—–> Mindful BOOKMARK Printable <—–
Mindful Neverending Cards –
Visit Hattifant for full instructions and printables of the Mindful Neverending Cards.
How to make a Journal – Mindful Journals for Kids
As per usual we have the super handy How to make a Journal video for you, as well as written instructions down below!!
- Print your sheets two pages per sheet
- Choose the messages you want for YOUR mindful journal – a great opportunity to customise your journal and really discuss the meaning of each statement
- Colour your cover sheet (you don’t have to!!).
- Cut all your card, sheets, printables and inserts into A5 format.
- Place them on top of each other.
- Make 2 sets of holes with your hole punch.
- Line them up, thread through your thread and knot.
- Glue on your cover sheet and done!
I also came across these fantastic Self Love Journal Prompts that you may want to check out and try!
How to make Mindful Bookmarks
A video for these will follow soon!! But in the meantime, the process is straight forward:
- Print out your bookmark printables 2 pages per sheet, to get a nice format
- Cut out your individual designs
- Colour and decorate your bookmarks – we love adding details such as glitter glue
- Glue onto some card and finished…
- Optional – hole punch the card and add ribbons!
I do hope you love these mindful coloring pages for kids as much as we do. If you are interested in how to “sew” journals, Incredibusy has some great illustrations showing you how to! We think they look great and are a wonderful opportunity to help kids empower themselves, believe in themselves and make positive changes. They would be a great art project as part of an anti bullying campaign too.